Carol's Daughter is a line of beauty products, including products for hair, body, and face care, as well as fragrances. It was founded by Lisa Price. Price named the company after her mother, Carol Hutson. Its products are available at Target as well as Ulta Beauty and on the Home Shopping Network (HSN).
Founder Lisa Price began working on the products for her line in the 1980s, when she was working on the set of The Cosby Show. In her free time she made organic beauty products in her kitchen. Her experimentation eventually led to a mail-order and online business in 1993, followed by the first store opening in Brooklyn in 1999. During the fall of 2005, she opened a second store on 125th Street in Harlem.
Former music executive Steve Stoute, as CEO of the company, led a group of investors in raising $10 million for the venture. Other investors include Jada Pinkett and Will Smith, Jay-Z, Mary J. Blige, Jimmy Iovine, Tommy Mottola, and Thalía. Past spokeswomen for the line include Mary J. Blige, Solange Knowles, Cassie Ventura, Kim Fields, and Jada Pinkett Smith.
- FM, Player, Carol's Daughter: Lisa Price, retrieved 2017-07-29
- Ninh, David (2006-09-15). "Carol's Daughter has got the organic goods". The Dallas Morning News (Texas).
- Simanoff, Dave (2006-10-26). "A New Face For Cosmetics". Tampa Tribune.
- "Mary J. Representing Carol's Daughter - Brown Sista". Brown Sista. Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- "Will Smith, Jay-Z team up in beauty venture - May. 18, 2005". Retrieved 22 April 2016.