Carol + 2
|Carol + 2|
|Written by||Nat Hiken|
|Directed by||Marc Breaux|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Bob Banner|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Bob Banner Associates|
|Distributor||CBS Television Distribution|
|Original release||March 22, 1966|
Carol + 2 was the title of the second of a multi-year series of television variety specials starring Carol Burnett, aired on the CBS Television network in the United States between 1962 and 1989. The first special was aired in 1962, featuring Burnett and Julie Andrews. On March 22, 1966, Carol + 2 aired, in which Carol was joined by actor Zero Mostel and comedian and all-around entertainer Lucille Ball.
- Carol Burnett as Herself / Various Characters
- Lucille Ball as Herself / Various Characters
- Zero Mostel as Himself / Various Characters
The variety / sketch comedy was directed by Marc Breaux. The inclusion of Ball was partly because CBS insisted on Burnett having an established co-star for the special, and also because Ball already had a contract with CBS for up to three specials (in addition to her regular sitcom The Lucy Show) for the 1966-67 season, of which she would only produce one (Lucy in London).
On March 22, 1966, Carol + 2 aired on CBS. The variety / sketch comedy was such a critical and ratings success that CBS rebroadcast it on January 15, 1967. Carol + 2 was released on DVD on May 17. 2016. In April 2016, MeTV broadcast the special for the first time in 50 years.
1 A complete listing of the specials can be found with Burnett's other television work under Carol Burnett. Data is from Carol Burnett: The Special Years (CBS, 1994).
- "Carol + 2". Turner Classic Movies. Atlanta: Turner Broadcasting System (Time Warner). Retrieved October 30, 2016.
- Sanders, Coyne Steven, and Gilbert, Tom. “Desilu: The Story of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz,” 1994. Harper Paperbacks. ISBN 0-688-13514-5
- "Carol + 2: The Original Queens of Comedy (DVD)". Fairfax, Virginia and New York City: Time Life and WEA. May 17, 2016. ASIN B01DPLS7HS. Retrieved October 30, 2016.
- MeTV staff (April 11, 2016). "FORGOTTEN COMEDY SPECIAL WITH CAROL BURNETT AND LUCILLE BALL IS GIVEN NEW LIFE". MeTV. Chicago: Weigel Broadcasting. Retrieved October 30, 2016.
|This comedy television series-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|