|Born||Carol Denise Barbee
May 22, 1959
Concord, North Carolina United States
|Occupation||Film, television actor, writer|
Barbee graduated from Central Cabarrus High School in Concord, North Carolina where she did theater. She graduated from Wake Forest University with a BA in Speech, Communications and Theater Arts and later received her MFA in Acting from UCLA.:57
She is married to actor Carlos Lacámara. They have two sons, Lucas and Diego.
In 2001, Barbee wrote her first credited script for NBC's Providence, and has since written for Judging Amy (where she also served as executive producer and head writer), Close to Home, and was the executive producer for the CBS series Jericho, Swingtown, and Three Rivers and the Fox one hour drama, Touch. She served as a consulting producer and writer for TNT's Falling Skies., HAWAII FIVE-0 for CBS and USA Networks' limited series, DIG. She is currently the Executive Producer/Showrunner of UnREAL Season 2.
- Die Hard 2 (1990) - Newscaster (WZDC)
- The Apocalypse (1997) - Lieutenant Robing
- Out to Sea (1997) - Flight Attendant
- Carol Barbee at the Internet Movie Database
- Carol Barbee at tv.yahoo.com Accessed June 9, 2007.
- Meyers, Lawrence (June 2, 2010). Inside the TV Writers' Room: Practical Advice for Succeeding in Television. Syracuse University Press. ISBN 0-8156-3241-X.
- The Futon Critic: Carol Barbee The Futon Critic