Carol Campbell (actress)
May 27, 1966
|Occupation||Dancer, actress, model, presenter, yoga coach|
Campbell is the daughter of a German casting agent and make-up artist and an African-American jazz musician from New York. She studied acting, singing, dance and presenting in Berlin (where she moved with her mother at the age of five) and Los Angeles. Today she lives in Berlin.
After her debut at the Deutsche Oper Berlin (Tanztheater) in 1985, she moved 1987 to Paris and worked until 1989 as solo dancer at the Lido and 1990 at the Moulin Rouge as Meneuse de Revue. Campbell is 6'2" (1.88 m). In 1999 Campbell featured on the cover and in a ten page article in the November issue of the German edition of the Playboy magazine.
Her TV work started as presenter with the German television stations VOX (Avanti Magazin), Premiere (Airplay LiveKonzerte, Spezials), VIVA (Chartshow), RTL II (RHS Gold Musikshow) and ZDF (Big-Bubbles Musikmagazin). She appeared in guest roles in numerous TV series like Vater wider Willen (together with Christian Quadflieg und Suzanne von Borsody), Tatort and Der Pfundskerl, as well as in the leading role in TV plays like Julia - Kämpfe für deine Träume! and Du oder keine. Campbell also appeared in several movies, including City of Fear by writer Harry Alan Towers where she played Alexa the female lead role beside Gary Daniels.
Campbell worked also in various presenting roles at Daimler Chrysler, Siemens, Adidas, Hugo Boss, IBM, Debis and CeBit corporate events and as media training coach and participates at The Applause Institute.
In 2007 Campbell was trained as creative producer for films and television at the Institute for Drama, Film- and Television Professions (iSFF) in Berlin. She worked also as presenter.
Carol Campbell works also as yoga teacher in Berlin and teaches "public speaking and presentation skills" at the design akademie berlin (SRH Hochschule für Kommunikation und Design). In January 2019 Campbell started with producer and songwriter George Kaleve a weekly podcast in German called 'abgehängt'.
- Karls Weihnachten aka Karl's Christmas Short film (2006) as angel Sarah
- City of Fear (2001)
- Jedermanns Fest (2001)
- Fandango aka Fandango - Members Only (1998)
- Drei Mädels von der Tankstelle aka Babes' Petrol (USA) (1996)
- Interview Archived September 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine klasse-Magazin (in German)
- prisma TV Magazin (in German)
- Vogt, Rainer (23 June 2005). "Aus der zweiten Reihe tanzen" (PDF). Stern. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "Was es nicht alles in Schöneberg gibt! Die schönsten Seiten von Carol Campbell". Berliner Zeitung. 22 October 1999. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- Harald Allown Towers: The Transnational Career of a Cinematic Contrarian by Dave Mann, McFarland & Company, 2014, page 173
- SFD Biography Archived March 5, 2007, at the Wayback Machine (in German)
- Carol Campbell at The Applause Institute
- "Deutsche Filmakademie". Archived from the original on 2006-05-26. Retrieved 2006-05-18.
- Agency Sophie19 Archived 2010-07-25 at the Wayback Machine
- Spirit Yoga Berlin Archived February 14, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- Zimmermann, Jan (21 November 2016). "Warum die Yoga-Szene in Berlin mehr Gelassenheit braucht". Berliner Zeitung. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- George Kaleve podcast
- abgehängt podcast