This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 59th district
|Preceded by||Kathleen Ryg|
|Residence||Vernon Hills, Illinois|
|Alma mater||Indiana University
Kellogg School of Management
Carol Sente is a Democratic member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 59th Representative District since September 2009. The district includes all or part of Vernon Hills, Prairie View, Buffalo Grove, Green Oaks, Indian Creek, Lincolnshire, Mundelein, Riverwoods, Wheeling.
Sente was appointed to the 59th District seat on September 12, 2009, after her predecessor, Kathleen A. Ryg, resigned to rejoin the private sector.[dead link] In the 2010 legislative election she was elected in her own right, defeating Republican candidate Dan Sugrue.
The Illinois branch of the Republican-associated Opportunity Project (IOP), a self-described "research and public policy enterprise" advocating conservative state legislation and policies in support of "free markets and free minds" [a 501(c)(4) tax exempt organization], scored Rep. Sente in 2012 at 75 on a scale of 100; a grade of "B-", but a score tied for 12th highest of 120 members of the Illinois House evaluated.[better source needed]
- State Journal-Register, 2009, "Carol Sente sworn in as new 59th district state representative", (Illinois) State Journal-Register, September 13, 2009, see , accessed October 14, 2009. Archived September 23, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Ballotpedia, 2014, "Illinois Opportunity Project's Legislative Vote Card," see , accessed 18 September 2014
- Bernard Schoenburg, 2013, "[IOP Board member] Tillman’s ‘different hats’ can be confusing", (Illinois) State Journal-Register, see , accessed 18 September 2014.
- Illinois Opportunity Project, 2012, "2012 Illinois Legislative Vote Card: 97th General Assembly," see [illinoisopportunity.org/votecard/], accessed 18 September 2014
- Rep. Carol Sente (D) 36th District], at the Illinois General Assembly, 
- Bills where this Rep. appeared as primary sponsor (with link in each leading to all sponsored bills): 98th General Assembly (GA), ; 97th GA, ; 96th GA, 
- Carol Sente at Illinois House Democrats
- State Representative Carol Sente constituency site
- Carol Sente for State Representative
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|