Carolina Correa Londoño
|Carolina Correa Londoño|
|First Lady of Colombia|
13 June 1953 – 10 May 1957
|Preceded by||Clemencia Holguín y Caro|
|Succeeded by||Bertha Puga Martínez|
25 January 1905|
tamesis, Antioquia, Colombia
|Died||15 July 1986
Bogotá, D.C., Colombia
|Political party||National Popular Alliance|
|Spouse(s)||Gustavo Rojas Pinilla (1930–1975)|
On 25 May 1956 Correa, as First Lady of Colombia, was the first woman to be granted a Cédula de Ciudadania, a Colombian national identity document that extended citizenship to women and allowed them to participate in the political process. Her cédula number was 20,000,001; her daughter María Eugenia was granted the next card, number 20,000,002. Colombian women, including Correa and her daughter, were able to vote for the first time on 1 December 1957 during a national referendum.
Carolina was born on 25 January 1905 in Medellín, Antioquia to Emilio Correa Correa and Emilia Londoño Jaramillo. She married Gustavo Rojas Pinilla on 10 May 1930 at the Chapel of Saint Joseph of the Congregation of Christian Brothers in Medellín. Gustavo and Carolina had three children: Gustavo Emilio, María Eugenia, and Carlos.
- Ágredo Tobar, Reinaldo (27 December 2006). "De España al Norte del Tolima: Familia Aristizábal Vargas". Notas Biográficas y Genealógicas (in Spanish). Bogotá. p. 14. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Ríos Peñaloza, Gilma (1 August 1996). "Primeras Damas del Siglo XX" [First Ladies of the 20th Century]. Credencial Historia (in Spanish) (Bogotá: Colombia, Bank of the Republic) (80). ISSN 0121-3296. OCLC 39236834. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- Colombia, National Civil Registry (2004). "Cédula de ciudadanía para la mujer" (COMMUNIQUé) (in Spanish). Bogotá. p. 1. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Lasso Vega, María Angela (2005). Gustavo Rojas Pinilla (in Spanish). Bogotá: Copygrafica. p. 63. ISBN 9789583371011. OCLC 255261496. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Morales Rivera, Antonio (9 November 1998). "Gustavo Rojas Pinilla". Semana (in Spanish) (Bogotá) (858). ISSN 0124-5473. OCLC 7475329. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Serpa Erazo, Jorge (1999). Rojas Pinilla: Una Historia Del Siglo XX (in Spanish). Bogotá: Planeta. p. 67. ISBN 9789586147040. OCLC 254171537. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
|This article about a Colombian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|