Carole Hayman is an English writer, broadcaster, actor and director. She was born in Kent, and attended Leeds University and the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. She has been an actress and theatre director and was an associate director at The Royal Court Theatre in the late eighties. During that time she appeared in many of Caryl Churchill's plays including, Cloud Nine and Top Girls. As Associate Director, she directed plays by Sarah Daniels, Andrea Dunbar, GE Newman, Fay Weldon and Sue Townsend, including Ripen our Darkness and Byrthrite by Sarah Daniels and Bazaar and Rummage and The Great Celestial Cow by Sue Townsend. She has published many comic and satirical novels and written radio and TV series for the BBC, ITV and CHANNEL FOUR. These include Ladies of Letters ( co-written with Lou Wakefield) and The Refuge and The Spinney ( co-written with Sue Townsend).
- The Warfleet Chronicles, consisting of:
- Missing (1998) Gollancz
- Greed, Crime, Sudden Death (1998) Gollancz
- Connections (2002), published online at http://www.sealit.org
- Hard Choices (2001) published online. Later published in hard copy by Aurora Metro.
- Cuddling Sharks (2001) published online
- One to Watch (2001) published online
- Ladies of Letters (series of books and BBC Radio 4 eleven comedy series. ITV three TV series)
- Ladies of Letters (2000) Granada Media
- More Ladies of Letters (2000) Granada Media
- Ladies of Letters.com (2001, Little, Brown)
- Ladies of Letters Log On (2002)
- The Rashomon Principle (2000)
- Ciaou Kim (1989)
- All The Best Kim (1988) HarperCollins
- Carole Hayman profile via Wayback Machine accessed 20 September 2011
- snd6. "Sue Townsend: Playwright with Carole Hayman and Janette Legge — University of Leicester". www2.le.ac.uk. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "Hard Choices | Carole Hayman". 2006-09-03. Retrieved 2017-05-15.