|Born||Carole Anne Malone
14 October 1954 (age 61)
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Between 2006 and 2010, Malone was a regular panellist on The Wright Stuff, Since early 2013, she has returned to her regular role.
In 2007, Malone was the seventh celebrity housemate to enter Celebrity Big Brother UK in January 2007 and was second to be evicted from the Big Brother House, on Friday, 12 January 2007. Malone had often been critical of Big Brother and on her entering the house, host Davina McCall read out many of Malone's criticisms, to jeers from the live crowd. After spending 10 years at the Sunday Mirror, she then wrote for the News of the World until its closure in July 2011. In an article earlier in 2011 Malone had written of how proud she'd always been of the News Of The World, despite spending ten years working with its fiercest rival at The Sunday Mirror.
In 2009, a complaint to the Press Complaints Commission about one of Malone's columns in the News of the World which claimed that illegal immigrants receive "free cars", led to the publication of the following clarification by the paper:
- On July 26, our columnist Carole Malone claimed illegal immigrants receive "free cars". We now accept illegal immigrants do not receive such a benefit and apologise for the error.
On May 14, 2012, Malone said on national TV that the murders of six children were "an accident waiting to happen" because they were benefits claimants.
- "Malone evicted from Big Brother", BBC News. URL last accessed on 2007-01-12.
- "Press Complaints Commission >> News >> A man". Pcc.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- "Tabloid Watch: How the PCC doesn't work". Tabloid-watch.blogspot.com. 2009-10-25. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- "Owen Jones: Hatred of those on benefits is dangerously out of control". The Independent. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
|Loose Women Leading Host (temporary)
Andrea McLean & Jackie Brambles