Born in St Helens, Merseyside, Carole Matthews is a successful and popular British author who is famous for her romantic comedy novels. She has published 27 novels and has appeared on the Sunday Times and USA Today bestsellers lists and her books, Welcome To The Real World and Wrapped up in You have both made the shortlist for the Romantic Novelists' Association Romantic Novel of the Year Award.
Her 4th book For Better, For Worse, was picked in summer 2002 for a TV book club pick in America, Reading with Ripa, on the show Live with Regis and Kelly. She has sold over 4.5 million books worldwide and is published in more than 31 countries. Her books have sold to Hollywood. She has had more than 2.6 million library lends in the UK since she started writing.
In 2011 she was inducted into the Festival of Romance Hall of Fame for her outstanding contribution to romance writing.
In 2015 Carole was presented with an Outstanding Achievement Award from the Romantic Novelists' Association for 25 novels which have consistently appeared in bestseller lists, and for her continued championing of the RNA and romantic fiction. 
Her latest book The Cake Shop in the Garden will be followed by The Chocolate Lover's Christmas in Aug 2015 and The Chocolate Lovers' Wedding in 2016.
As well as writing, Matthews has also been a television presenter and is a regular radio guest.
She lives in Milton Keynes with her partner, Kevin, who she regularly refers to as 'Lovely Kev' on her Facebook page.
|Let's Meet on Platform 8||1997|
|A Whiff of Scandal||1998|
|More to Life than this||1999|
|For Better, For Worse||2001|
|A Minor Indiscretion||2002|
|A Compromising Position||2003|
|The Sweetest Taboo||2004|
|With or Without You||2005|
|You Drive Me Crazy||2006|
|Welcome to the Real World||2006|
|The Chocolate Lovers' Club||2007|
|The Chocolate Lovers' Diet||2007|
|It's A Kind of Magic||2008|
|All You Need Is Love||2008|
|The Difference a Day Makes||2009|
|That Loving Feeling||2009|
|It's Now or Never||2010|
|The Only Way is Up||2010|
|Wrapped Up In You||2011|
|With Love at Christmas||2012|
|A Cottage by the Sea||2013|
|Calling Mrs Christmas||2013|
|A Place to Call Home||2014|
|The Christmas Party||2014|
|The Cake Shop in the Garden||2015|
|The Chocolate Lovers' Christmas||2015|
|The Chocolate Lovers' Wedding||2016|
- "Carole Matthews - About Me". http://www.carolematthews.com/about-me/all-about-me/. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Awards - Festival of Romance". http://festivalofromance.co.uk/#/awards/4549309129/. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Awards - Romantic Novelists Association". http://www.romanticnovelistsassociation.org/news/entry/young_adult_novel_wins_the_romantic_novel_of_the_year_award. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Carole Matthews - UK Books". http://www.carolematthews.com/books/uk-titles/. Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- "AllRomanceWriters". http://www.allromancewriters.com/booklist.cfm?authorID=1265. Retrieved 9 January 2012.