|Born||Carole Ann DiFalco|
August 20, 1963
|Noble family||Radziwiłł (by marriage)|
(m. 1994; died 1999)
Early life and education
Carole Ann DiFalco was born on August 20, 1963 and grew up in a working-class family in Suffern, New York. She stated that her parents were Democrats. She earned a B.A. at Hunter College and an M.B.A. at New York University.
Radziwill began her news career at ABC in New York, in 1985, as an intern in postproduction for 20/20, a news magazine show. She was later assigned to Close Up as a production secretary. She eventually worked for Peter Jennings' documentary unit, producing shows on abortion and gun control, and covering foreign policy stories in Cambodia, Haiti, and India.
In 1991, Radziwill was stationed in Iraq and reported on the SCUD missile attacks during the Gulf War. In 2003, during the War on Afghanistan, she spent six weeks in Kandahar, embedded with an infantry unit of the 101st Airborne Division. She produced segments for an ABC-TV show called Profiles from the Frontline. She has won several awards, including three Emmys, one for a story she produced on land mines in Cambodia, and a Peabody.
After her husband's death, Radziwill left ABC News to write a memoir about her personal life, her career at ABC News, as well as her effort to manage her husband's cancer. What Remains: A Memoir of Fate, Friendship and Love (Scribner, 2005) made the New York Times Best Seller List. A review of the book in The New York Times called it a "bittersweet account" that emphasized "graciousness over disclosure."
In 2006, Radziwill signed with Glamour magazine to write a monthly column called Lunch Date. Her Lunch Dates have included former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani as well as Hollywood actors Antonio Banderas, Rachel Weisz, and Alec Baldwin.
In 2011, Radziwill joined the cast of Bravo TV's The Real Housewives of New York City. On July 25, 2018, she announced she was leaving the show after six seasons (seasons 5-10). Radziwill said she wanted to go back to journalism and producing.
In 2018, Radziwill is estimated to be worth $50 million dollars.
On August 27, 1994, she married fellow ABC News producer Anthony Radziwiłł in East Hampton, New York. Radziwill was the only son of Prince Stanisław Radziwiłł by his wife, Caroline Lee Bouvier. Her husband died on August 10, 1999.
In 2014, Radziwill started dating chef Adam Kenworthy, 21 years her junior. The pair dated on and off before announcing their split in 2017.
- "Once upon a time" (PDF). Vogue. September 2005. p. 348.
Radziwill seems young for 41
- "And Then There Was One..." People. October 10, 2005. Archived from the original on May 15, 2014.
- Bernstein, Jacob (June 4, 2012). "Carole Radziwill on the 'Real Housewives,' Kennedys, and More". Daily Beast. Retrieved May 16, 2014.
- Nevins, Jake (April 5, 2017). "Carole Radziwill on Being The Real Housewives of New York's Resident Politico". Vulture. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- Radziwill, Carole. What Remains: A Memoir of Fate, Friendship, and Love. Scribner 2005. pp. 63–64. ISBN 0739458736.
- Curry, Stormy (March 5, 2014). "Carole Radziwill: How I Am on Camera Is How I Am off Camera". KTTV FOX 11. Archived from the original on May 17, 2014. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- Kantor, Jodi (October 30, 2005). "Ask Not – New York Times Book Review". The New York Times.
- Radziwill, Carole (October 30, 2005). "What Remains, Prologue". Republished with permission by The New York Times.
- "Lunch date with Rudolph Giuliani". Glamour. August 1, 2006.
- "This Guy Loves Women - Lunch date with Antonio Banderas". Glamour. September 3, 2007.
- "Lunch date with Rachel Weisz". Glamour. October 1, 2006.
- "Lunch date with Alec Baldwin". Glamour. January 1, 2007.
- "The Widow's Guide to Sex and Dating | Carole Radziwill | Macmillan". Archived from the original on May 17, 2013. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- Hendricks, Jaclyn (July 25, 2018). "Carole Radziwill is leaving 'Real Housewives of New York'". Page Six. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "A Ranking of the Richest Real Housewives From Every Season". Money. Retrieved September 10, 2018.
- "Chronicle". The New York Times. August 29, 1994.
- Denninger, Lindsay. "'Real Housewives' Star Carole's Ex-BF Adam Is Super Busy Post-Split". Bustle. Retrieved September 10, 2018.