Carolina, West Virginia
|Carolina, West Virginia|
|Census-designated place (CDP)|
Location in Marion County and the state of West Virginia.
|• Total||0.831 sq mi (2.15 km2)|
|• Land||0.830 sq mi (2.15 km2)|
|• Water||0.001 sq mi (0.003 km2)|
|Elevation||1,184 ft (361 m)|
|• Density||490/sq mi (190/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||304 & 681|
|GNIS feature ID||1554077|
Carolina is a census-designated place (CDP) in Marion County, West Virginia, United States. Carolina is 2 miles (3.2 km) north-northwest of Worthington. Carolina has a post office with ZIP code 26563. As of the 2010 census, its population was 411.
The community was named after Caroline Wilson, the relative of a mining official.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Carolina, West Virginia
- ZIP Code Lookup Archived June 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 156.
|This article about a location in Marion County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|