August 23, 1961
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Residence||Franklin Lakes, New Jersey|
|Spouse(s)||Albert Manzo III (m. 1984)|
Chris Laurita (brother)Dina Manzo (sister)
Jacqueline Laurita (sister-in-law)
Caroline Laurita-Manzo (born August 23, 1961) is an American television personality and entrepreneur. She is best known for starring in the reality television series The Real Housewives of New Jersey, and her own spin-off show, Manzo'd with Children.
Manzo first appeared on the first season of Bravo's The Real Housewives of New Jersey in 2009. Her sister, Dina Manzo, and sister-in-law, Jacqueline Laurita, were also cast members when the show first aired. Manzo departed The Real Housewives after its fifth season and began filming a spin-off series about her family called Manzo'd with Children. The show premiered on October 5, 2014, on Bravo; it attracted over 1.7 million viewers. In March 2015, Bravo renewed Manzo'd with Children for a second season. In April 2016, it was renewed for a third season. In February 2017, it was announced the series would not return for a fourth season.
Manzo is married to Albert Manzo, co-owner of The Brownstone, an event and catering facility in Paterson, New Jersey. The couple have three children: Albert "Albie" (b. 1986), Lauren Michele (b. 1988), and Christopher Thomas (b. 1989).
Despite Manzo's protests to the contrary, her father-in-law, Albert "Tiny" Manzo had a well-documented connection to the Mafia. He had been a prominent mob enforcer in New Jersey, before his Mafia-style execution in 1983, during the New Jersey State Police crackdown on organized crime in the 1980s. His murder case was never solved.
Manzo's first grandchild, Marchesa Anna Scalia, was born to her daughter, Lauren, and son-in-law, Vito Scalia (the best friend of Albie Manzo), on February 24, 2017.
- Mullins, Jenna (September 26, 2013). "Caroline Manzo Leaving Real Housewives of New Jersey". E! Online. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- "Caroline Manzo Leaving 'Real Housewives of New Jersey'". The Hollywood Reporter. October 14, 2013. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 7, 2014). "'Manzo'd with Children' Back to Back Premiere Episodes Average Over 1.6 Million Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 14, 2014. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- Gerard, Jeremy (March 30, 2015). "Bravo Media Slates 10 New Series, Including 'Recipe For Deception' – Upfronts". Deadline Hollywwod. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Ge, Linda (April 27, 2016). "'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,' 'Vanderpump Rules' Among Bravo Renewals". The Wrap. Retrieved November 29, 2016.
- French, Megan (February 28, 2017). "'Manzo'd With Children' Ending After Three Seasons: See the Manzo Family's Reactions". US Magazine. Retrieved March 1, 2017.
- Hyman, Vicki (March 1, 2017). "'RHONJ' spinoff 'Manzo'd With Children' kaput after 3 seasons". NJ.com. Retrieved March 1, 2017.
- Lee, Stephan (August 20, 2012). "Caroline Manzo of 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' has a book deal". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- Mangan, Dan (March 17, 2011). "Gov rips 'Housewives' hubby". New York Post. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- Pizarro, Max (March 17, 2011). "Gov on Manzo: 'Do you really believe he's sleeping on a cot in Paterson?'". PolitickerNJ. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- Zeitlinger, Ron (September 20, 2011). "Al Manzo of 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' working with Hudson County Sheriff's Office on new program". The Jersey Journal. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- Widdicombe, Ben (May 22, 2009). "TV's Real Mafia Princess?". The Daily Beast. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- Connelly, Sherryl (July 20, 2013). "Real life 'Sopranos' exposed in Mike Russell's new book 'Undercover Cop'". New York Daily News. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- Staff Writer (April 29, 2016). "Reality Star Dina Manzo Has Finalized Her Divorce Papers". Lawyer Herald. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- Mcshane, Larry (April 26, 2009). "'Real Housewives of New Jersey' family has ties to rubbed out 'Tiny' Manzo". New York Daily News. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- Smith, Ray (February 13, 2011). "'Real Housewives of NJ' kids take Hoboken; In interview, reality show brothers won't confirm new show being filmed here". The Hudson Reporter. Retrieved May 11, 2016.
The Manzos are the two sons of Franklin Lakes resident Albert Manzo, who owns the Brownstone banquet hall in Paterson, and his wife Caroline, one of the more prominent housewives on Bravo TV's Real Housewives of New Jersey show
- "Lauren Manzo Scalia Gives Birth to Her Daughter: See the First Photo". Bravo TV Official Site. 2017-02-24. Retrieved 2017-10-07.