This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Parent company||Capitol Music Group|
|Country of origin||U.S.|
Caroline Records is an American record label that started as a subsidiary of Richard Branson's Virgin Records America during the early to mid-1970s. It specialized in inexpensive LPs by progressive rock and jazz artists that lacked commercial appeal.
Both the US and UK branches of Caroline Records are subsidiaries of Caroline Music, which includes Caroline Distribution and is in turn owned by Universal Music Group. Caroline has or had a number of subsidiary labels including Astralwerks, Gyroscope, Caroline Blue Plate, Rocks the World, Scamp, and Passenger.
Primo Scree was an imprint of Caroline Records created by Ned Hayden of the Action Swingers, who had previously been a sales rep at Caroline. Its releases included the Action Swingers' single "Fear of a Fucked Up Planet", as well as Gumball's debut album Special Kiss and Monster Magnet's debut album Spine of God.
- 50 Cent – Animal Ambition
- Audio Active & Laraaji – The Way Out Is the Way In
- Azealia Banks – Broke With Expensive Taste (under Prospect Park )
- Kevin Ayers, June Campbell Cramer & Brian Eno – Lady June's Linguistic Leprosy
- Bad Brains – Quickness
- Ben Folds Five – Ben Folds Five (under Passenger Records)
- Ben Folds Five – Whatever and Ever Amen (also under 550 Music and Epic Records)
- Ben Folds Five – Naked Baby Photos
- Harold Budd Reuben Garcia Daniel Lentz – Music for 3 Pianos
- Cabaret Voltaire – The Drain Train
- Cabaret Voltaire – Drinking Gasoline
- Cherry Poppin' Daddies – Kids on the Street
- Cluster – Grosses Wasser (CD reissue)
- Cluster – One Hour
- Lol Coxhill – Fleas in Custard
- Dumblonde – Dumblonde
- Egg – The Civil Surface
- Brian Eno – Before and After Science
- Eno Moebius Roedelius – After the Heat (CD reissue)
- Brian Eno & Jah Wobble – Spinner
- Excel – Split Image
- Excel – The Joke's on You
- Excel – Seeking Refuge
- Fred Frith – Guitar Solos
- Various artists – Guitar Solos 2
- Gilgamesh – Gilgamesh
- Gong – Camembert Electrique
- Gong – Angel's Egg
- Gong – You
- Goo Goo Dolls – Goo Goo Dolls
- Heatmiser – Mic City Sons
- Henry Cow – Concerts
- Hole – Pretty on the Inside
- Bat For Lashes–Two Suns
- Bat For Lashes – Fur and gold
- Idaho – Year After Year
- Idaho– This Way Out
- Idaho – Three Sheets to the Wind
- Jabula – Thunder into our hearts
- Killing Joke – Killing Joke
- Korn – The Paradigm Shift
- KT Tunstall - Kin (under Sony/ATV Music Publishing)
- Jayce Lewis/Protafield - Nemesis
- Mercyful Fate – Melissa
- The Misfits – Static Age
- Monster Magnet – Tab
- Oh Wonder – Oh Wonder
- Andy Partridge/Harold Budd – Through the Hill
- Primus – Frizzle Fry
- Smashing Pumpkins – Gish
- Southern Culture on the Skids – For Lovers Only
- Steven Wilson – To the Bone
- Suicidal Tendencies – Join the Army
- Swans – Children of God
- Tangerine Dream – Livemiles
- Tangerine Dream – Pergamon
- Uncle Slam – Say Uncle
- Underdog – The Vanishing Point 
- Various artists – Greasy Truckers Live at Dingwalls Dance Hall
- Van Morrison - Keep Me Singing (2016)
- Walt Mink – Bareback Ride
- Walt Mink – Miss Happiness
- Warzone – Don't Forget the Struggle, Don't Forget the Streets
- White Zombie – Gods on Voodoo Moon (cassette version only)
- White Zombie – Soul-Crusher
- White Zombie – Make Them Die Slowly
- White Zombie – God of Thunder
- Youth Of Today – We're Not In This Alone
- Keith Nelson Jr (2014-02-20). "50 Cent Leaves Interscope Records, New Album Coming June 3rd". AllHipHop.com. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "British artist Steven Wilson signs worldwide deal with Caroline International - Music Business Worldwide". Music Business Worldwide. 5 April 2017. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Monster Magnet". Contemporary Musicians. 2004. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- Belanger, Ashley (2015-03-25). "Total Punk talks to Action Swingers' Ned Hayden about CBGB, his influences and the early NYC punk scene". Orlando Weekly. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- Marlowe, Keith (2015-05-21). "Action Swingers Just Won't 'Quit While You're Ahead'". Noisey. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- Huey, Steve. "Gumball Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- Kids on the Street > Overview AllMusic.com
- "Billy, Don't Be a Hero". Spin. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- The Vanishing Point > Overview AllMusic.com