Caroline Rush started working in public relations and marketing in about 1992. Her association with the British Fashion Council started in 1998, when she was employed by Annette Worsley-Taylor Associates, who were the creative and marketing consultants for the London Fashion Week. She started a public relations agency called Crush Communications in 2002, and became managing director. The British Fashion Council appointed this company as the press office for all British Fashion Council initiatives, including the London Fashion Week and the British Fashion Awards, with Rush as a public relations strategy adviser to the British Fashion Council.
Rush was appointed British Fashion Council joint chief executive in March 2009. As joint Chief Executive, she oversaw the Council’s move into Somerset House in 2009. In a restructuring, Rush became sole chief executive in June 2012. Rush "played a key role in attracting brands such as Burberry and Pringle and British designers such as Antonio Berardi and Jonathan Saunders back to London." Hilary Alexander credited Rush with changing London Fashion Week from being a 'poor cousin' compared with Paris, Milan and New York, "and showing that Britain is really where it all begins".
Rush lives in Wimbledon. Her husband, Matt, is a PE teacher, and was previously a professional footballer for West Ham, Norwich and Oldham. Her daughter, Lana, was born 9 February 1997, and played in junior Wimbledon 2012.
- Daily Telegraph, Samantha Cameron toasts the cream of British fashion at 10 Downing Street, by Lisa Armstrong, 22 February 2012.
- British Fashion Council official website[permanent dead link], Caroline Rush and Simon Ward, June 2010.
- British Fashion Awards website
- British Fashion Council official website[permanent dead link], BFC Restructure Announcement, 12 March 2009.
- entertainthekids.com, Holidays, My Castle or Yours, 2006.
- Scottish Fashion Awards Archived 2013-02-01 at Archive.today, Caroline Rush.
- The Independent, Winning formula: How can Britain produce Wimbledon champions?, by Liz Lightfoot, 18 June 2009.
- The Edit Archived 2012-09-01 at the Wayback Machine, issue 02, Over coffee with British Fashion Council's chief executive, Caroline Rush, 2012.
- BetterBlazers, How London Fashion Week Became Relevant: Caroline Rush.
- Drapers Fashion Awards 2012, Caroline Rush.
- Yahoo LifestyleHilary Alexander On Her FROW Style & The Designers Getting Her Heart Racing, 12 September 2012.
- Unwin, Will (4 May 2018), "Careers cut short: Talking to ex-Hammer Matthew Rush", Football365
- International Tennis Federation website, Lana Rush.
- "No. 61092". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2014. p. N10.
- 2015 New Year Honours List