This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Trentini in 2016
Caroline Aparecida Trentini
July 6, 1987
|Spouse(s)||Fabio Bartelt (m. 2012)|
|Children||Bento Jacob Trentini Bartelt (2013) |
Benoah Jacob Trentini Bartelt (2016)
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Agency||Ford Models (New York, Paris, Los Angeles)|
Elite Model Management (Milan, Barcelona)
Next Model Management (London)
Model Management (Hamburg)
Way Model Management (Sao Paulo)
Zucca Model Agency (Tokyo)
Trentini was born in Panambi, Brazil. Trentini is the youngest daughter of Lourdes and Jacó Trentini, who died when she was one year old. Her older sisters are Franciele and Elen. Although having never worked before, Lourdes got a job as a public employee when Jacó died and raised her daughters single-handedly.
Discovery and breakthrough
In 2000, Trentini was discovered walking down a street in her hometown by an agent, the same one who scouted Gisele Bündchen, and soon afterward she moved to São Paulo, a common destination for young Brazilian models. Her modeling career immediately took off, and after a year, Trentini moved again, this time to New York City. She did not speak English but quickly learned the new language. Trentini's breakthrough came when designer Marc Jacobs cast her in his Marc by Marc Jacobs ad campaign, photographed by Juergen Teller.
In the May 2007 issue of American Vogue she was featured on the cover with fellow models: Doutzen Kroes, Jessica Stam, Raquel Zimmermann, Sasha Pivovarova, Agyness Deyn, Coco Rocha, Hilary Rhoda, Chanel Iman, and Lily Donaldson as the “World’s Next Top Models.” In 2008 casting agent James Scully, who is responsible to pick which model is to score a spot on top runways, says in regards to Trentini:
|“||Perfect body. Always full of energy, always happy, and I have not met a better walker since Carmen Kass. She can model anything.||”|
Trentini made her Victoria's Secret Fashion Show debut in 2005 and also walked the show in 2006 and 2009. In early 2015 Carol Trentini was hired to be the top model of CARRANO, high end top fashion women footwear manufacturer from Brazil (http://www.carrano.com.br & http://www.carranousa.com), for the 2016 Spring Summer and Fall Winter seasons.
Caroline was ranked one of the Top 50 models and she is an industry icon according to Models Dot website.
Trentini dated photographer Victor Demarchelier, son of legendary French photographer Patrick Demarchelier for about three years. Immediately after breaking up with Demarchelier, in early 2010, she got back together with Brazilian photographer Fabio Bartelt, who was her first boyfriend. In October 29, 2011, both Trentini and Bartelt announced they were engaged. In March 3, 2012, Bartelt and Trentini were married on a church in Itajaí, Santa Catarina, Brazil. They have two sons: Bento Jacob Trentini Bartelt (born August 9, 2013) and Benoah Jacob (born June 2, 2016).
- "Supermodel Caroline Trentini Shares Her Pregnancy Beauty Secrets". Vogue. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- Tietjen, Alexa (2017-06-21). "Exclusive: Caroline Trentini Signs to Ford Models New York". WWD. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "How a Supermodel Does Motherhood - Coveteur". coveteur.com. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "Caroline Trentini". nymag.com. Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- model of the week. models.com
- Lee, Helen (11 April 2007). "Vogue's 'World's Next Top Models' cover". SassyBella.com. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Hit Girls". style.com. Archived from the original on March 5, 2009.
- Herbst, Kendall (9 May 2008). "Casting Agent James Scully's All-Time Favorite Models". New York Magazine. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "MODELS.com's Industry Icons". models.com. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "It Girl: Caroline Trentini on her wedding day". vogue.com. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- "Carol Trentini dá à luz segundo filho, Benoah". Ego. June 3, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Caroline Trentini.|