||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
|Born||Caroline Aparecida Trentini
July 6, 1987
Panambi, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Dress size||4 US/34 EU|
|Shoe size||8 US/38.5 EU|
|Manager||The Society Management (New York)
NEXT Model Management (London)
Qui Management (Paris)
Why Not Model Agency (Milan)
Uno Management (Barcelona)
Way Model Management (Sao Paulo)
Trentini was born on July 6, 1987 in Panambi, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Trentini is the youngest daughter of Lourdes and Jacó Trentini, who died when she was one year old. Her older sisters are Franciele and Élen. Although having never worked before, Lourdes got a job as a public employee when Jacó died and raised her daughters single-handedly.
Discovery and breakthrough
In 2000, Trentini was discovered walking down a street in her hometown by an agent, the same one who scouted Gisele Bündchen, and soon afterward she moved to São Paulo, a common destination for young Brazilian models. Her modeling career immediately took off, and after a year, Trentini moved again, this time to New York City. She did not speak English but quickly learned the new language. Trentini's breakthrough came when designer Marc Jacobs cast her in his Marc by Marc Jacobs ad campaign, photographed by Juergen Teller.
In the May 2007 issue of American Vogue she was featured on the cover with fellow models: Doutzen Kroes, Jessica Stam, Raquel Zimmermann, Sasha Pivovarova, Agyness Deyn, Coco Rocha, Hilary Rhoda, Chanel Iman, and Lily Donaldson as the “World’s Next Top Models.” In 2008 casting agent James Scully, who is responsible to pick which model is to score a spot on top runways, says in regards to Trentini:
|“||Perfect body. Always full of energy, always happy, and I have not met a better walker since Carmen Kass. She can model anything.||”|
Trentini made her Victoria's Secret Fashion Show debut in 2005 and also walked the show in 2006 and 2009.In early 2015 Carol Trentini was hired to be the top model of CARRANO, high end top fashion women footwear manufacturer from Brazil (http://www.carrano.com.br & http://www.carranousa.com), for the 2016 Spring Summer and Fall Winter seasons.
Trentini dated photographer Victor Demarchelier, son of legendary French photographer Patrick Demarchelier for about three years. Immediately after breaking up with Demarchelier, in early 2010, she got back together with Brazilian photographer Fabio Bartelt, who was her first boyfriend. In October 29, 2011, both Trentini and Bartelt announced they were engaged. In March 3, 2012, Bartelt and Trentini were married on a church in Itajaí, Santa Catarina, Brazil. On February 23, 2013, the couple announced on Twitter that they were expecting a baby. Trentini gave birth to a boy named Bento Jacob Trentini Bartelt on August 9, 2013.
- Caroline Trentini's profile at Women Management
- "Caroline Trentini". nymag.com. Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- model of the week. models.com
- Lee, Helen (11 April 2007). "Vogue’s ‘World’s Next Top Models’ cover". SassyBella.com. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Hit Girls". style.com. Archived from the original on March 5, 2009.
- Herbst, Kendall (9 May 2008). "Casting Agent James Scully's All-Time Favorite Models". New York Magazine. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "It Girl: Caroline Trentini on her wedding day". vogue.com. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Caroline Trentini.|
- Caroline Trentini at the Fashion Model Directory
- Caroline Trentini at the Internet Movie Database
- Caroline Trentini profile at NYmag.com
- Caroline Trentini photos at Style.com (archived at the Wayback Machine)