|Born||18 January 1983|
Johannesburg, South Africa
|Occupation||Chartered Accountant |
Lecturer at the University of Pretoria
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||Half Marathon: 1:19:13|
Caroline Wöstmann (born on 18 January 1983 in Johannesburg) is a South African marathon and ultra-marathon athlete. She is well known for making history by winning both the Two Oceans- and 90th Comrades marathon in the same year.
Early life and education
Caroline matriculated in 2001 and married Haiko Wöstmann. They have two daughters, Gabriella and Isabell. She is also an accounting management and finance lecturer at the University of Pretoria.
Wöstmann began her running career (2009) after the birth of her first child. She required a workout that could fit into her family life and busy professional career.
Professionals took note of her when she positioned 15th place in only her third Comrades with a silver medal at the 2012 Comrades Marathon. Thereafter, she joined the Nedbank Running Club and trained at the University of Pretorias’ High Performance Centre. Lindsey Parry coached her and Candice Attree helped her to stay focused on core- and strength training.
During 2014 Wöstmann placed 6th in her fourth attempt at the Comrades. After winning the Two Oceans Marathon earlier in 2015, she became the first South African woman, in 14 years, to win the prestigious Comrades Marathon. Wöstmann is only the second South African woman, after Frith van der Merwe (1989) to win both the Two Oceans Marathon and Comrades Marathon in the same year.
Two Oceans Marathon
Caroline Wöstmann won the 2015 Two Oceans Marathon on only her second attempt.
After consistent improvement of her personal best times she was named the Athletics Gauteng North's Female Athlete of 2014.
Notable past running performances:
|2017||Old Mutual Om die Dam||03:38:38||50 km||1|
|2016||Comrades Marathon||06:30:44||89.13 km||2|
|2016||Two Oceans Marathon||03:44:44||56 km||1|
|2015||Comrades Marathon||06:12:22||87.72 km||1|
|2015||Two Oceans Marathon||03:41:24||56 km||1|
|2015||McCarthy Volkswagen/Audi Love Run||01:20:50||21.1 km||1|
|2015||Sarens Edenvale||03:03:12||42.2 km||1|
|2014||Aspen Port Elizabeth City||02:44:57||42.2 km||1|
|2014||Comrades Marathon||06:51:43||89.28 km||6|
|2014||Old Mutual Om die Dam||03:48:51||50 km||3|
|2013||Old Mutual Om die Dam||03:41:44||50 km||4|
|2012||Comrades Marathon||07:16:48||89.28 km||15|
|2011||Comrades Marathon||08:33:29||89.96 km||68|
|2009||Comrades Marathon||09:17:39||89.3 km||205|
- "Caroline Worstman wins Two Oceans Marathon". Pretoria East Rekord. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- "Remember the Name!". Modern Athlete Rekord. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- "Caroline Wöstmann het nie geweet hoe groot Twee Oseane-wentjek is". Nertwerk24. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- "Wostmann Completes SA Comrades Double". Sport24. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- "Runners Guide Article".
- "Comrades Marathon 2016 results". Ultimate Live. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Two Oceans Marathon 2016 results". Two Oceans marathon. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "Comrades Marathon 2015 results". Ultimate Live. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "Two Oceans marathon results". Two Oceans marathon. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "Performance history: Caroline Worstman". Association of road racing statisticians. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "Comrades Marathon runner history: Caroline Wöstmann". Ultimate Live. Retrieved 2 June 2015.