||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Occupation||CEO, The Dailey Partnership|
Carolyn Dailey is a London-based businesswoman, commentator and entrepreneur in the creative industries. In 2016 she launched Creative Entrepreneurs, a new movement to help inspire and resource those starting businesses in the creative industries in the UK. She is the founder and CEO of The Dailey Partnership, a specialised international strategy and branding boutique for the creative industries.
In January 2016 Carolyn launched Creative Entrepreneurs, a movement to resource and inspire people in the creative industries to start their own businesses, at No.10 Downing Street, with the support of the Prime Minister David Cameron who declared the initiative "the first of its kind" and Minister of State for Culture and the Digital Economy, Ed Vaizey. Offering online business resources searchable by creative sector, Creative Entrepreneurs has attracted creative heavyweights, Zaha Hadid, Anya Hindmarch, Jamal Edwards and Rohan Silva as ambassadors. In addition to providing practical business resources, Creative Entrepreneurs features original content including inspiration interviews with creative entrepreneur role models and advice pieces from industry experts and investors. Features also include big picture thinking from respected journalists and economic experts and coverage of the major news stories impacting creative entrepreneurship in the UK.
The Dailey Partnership
Dailey founded The Dailey Partnership, a boutique branding consultancy specialising in the creative industries, in 2013. The Dailey Partnership specialises in brand building through thought-leadership, strategic partnerships and engagement with public policy.
At the time of leaving, Dailey was Time Warner's top executive in Europe. She worked with successive Chairmen, CEO’s and senior management of Time Warner and its divisions HBO, CNN, Warner Bros. and Time Inc. to enter new markets, maximise brand value and establish thought leadership with industry, political, media and creative leaders crucial to Time Warner’s success. Dailey originally joined the Time Warner family with CNN in London as a member of CNN founder Ted Turner’s small start-up team that launched CNN in Europe.
Early Career & Other Activities
Starting her career as an M&A lawyer for global law firm White & Case in New York and London, Dailey previously held legislative posts in the U.S. Congress and a communications post at Estée Lauder Companies in Paris. Dailey is a Life Member of British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) and a Founding Member of Annie Lennox’s global women’s empowerment charity 'The Circle'. She appears regularly on Sky News as a branding expert, has been named by Wired UK as one of the UK’s Top 10 Women Digital Powerbrokers Dailey serves on the board of First Light Movies, and was named by London Evening Standard as one of the 1000 most influential Londoners.
- Paton, Elizabeth (2016-01-21). "In Britain, New Creative-Business Website Draws Support". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Creative Entrepreneurs - Press Release". creativeentrepreneurs.co. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Creative Entrepreneurs Press Release". Creative Entrepreneurs. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "In Britain, New Creative-Business Website Draws Support". The New York Times. 21 January 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Chris Blackhurst: Britain’s got creative talent - and it can put us on top of the world". London Evening Standard. 20 January 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Zaha Hadid Can Be Your Small Business Advisor". Architectural Digest. 22 January 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Creative industries are 'driving force' of UK economy, says David Cameron". The Telegraph. 10 January 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "TA design for life: why making HS2 run seamlessly is much more important than pretty-looking trains". The Independent. 23 January 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Former Time Warner Exec Carolyn Dailey Launches Creative Entrepreneurs Initiative". Variety. 25 January 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Anya Hindmarch, Zaha Hadid Named Ambassadors of Creative Entrepreneurs Initiative". Women's Wear Daily. 21 January 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Creative Entrepreneurs - Features". creativeentrepreneurs.co. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "The Dailey Partnership". The Dailey Partnership. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Carolyn Dailey" (Press release). Time Warner. 1 January 2007. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- Wired UK Staff (1 April 2010). "The 1Wired100: Positions 51-100". Wired.co.uk. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "Time Warner's Carolyn Dailey Appointed to the Board of First Light Movies" (Press release). Time Warner. 22 March 2007. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "The Power 1000 - London's most influential people 2013:Thinkfluentials, Spinners and marketers". London Evening Standard. 19 September 2013. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "The 1000: London's most influential people 2014 - Newsmakers". London Evening Standard. 16 October 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2014.