|Member of the Kansas Senate|
from the 31st district
|Assumed office |
January 10, 2005
|Preceded by||Christine Downey|
|Born||January 27, 1959|
Wichita State University
McGinn serves on these legislative committees
- Joint Committee on Energy and Environmental Policy (chair)
- Natural Resources (chair)
- Joint Committee on Home and Community Based Services Oversight (chair)
- Ways and Means (vice-chair)
- Joint Committee on Kansas Security
- Local Government
- Calendar and Rules
- Kansas Republican Senatorial Committee, Kansas Department of Administration, Koch Industries, Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Kansas Optometric Association
Energy & natural resources interests were her largest donor group.
In 2012, seven of eight moderate state senate Republicans were successfully targeted by the Koch brothers and the Kansas Chamber of Commerce, with only McGinn escaping defeat in the Republican primary. That gave incumbent Governor Sam Brownback the margin he needed to effectively restructure state taxation, exempting "S" status filers such as Koch Industries from income taxes.
- "KanFocus -- Error".
- Profile from the Kansas Legislature Archived August 21, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Carolyn McGinn 2008 campaign contributions
- The great Kansas Republican Purge of 2012, Slate magazine, Dave Weigel, August 8, 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Candidates for the 2012 Primary (official), Kansas Secretary of State, November 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2017.]
- Kansas Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results