Irisbus Agora in High Wycombe in July 2009
|Headquarters||Unit 2, Hughenden Avenue, High Wycombe HP13 5SG|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Stations||High Wycombe Bus Station (adjoining the Eden Centre)|
High Wycombe Coachway
Heathrow Central bus station
|Fleet||43 (January 2019)|
|Chief executive||Phil Southall|
In August 2003 route A40 High Wycombe to Heathrow Airport commenced, initially using second-hand Leyland Olympian double-deckers. By April 2004 these had been replaced by new low-floor Mercedes-Benz Citaro single-deck buses, in a dedicated silver and red livery. The route, which ran in partnership with Buckinghamshire County Council and Heathrow Airport Holdings, was formally introduced in January 2004.
In March 2008 Carousel introduced routes 35 and 36, branded as Purple Route, to replace a withdrawn Arriva Shires & Essex service to Flackwell Heath. The 35 was temporarily withdrawn in January 2010 because of road conditions, but was later restored. Arriva Shires & Essex currently run a combined 35 service with Carousel, with Carousel operating all daytime services, and Arriva operating evening and Sunday journeys.  In October 2008 the majority of services to Winchmore Hill were withdrawn, leaving the village with just one bus a day.
In August 2009 route 336, which had previously run between Watford and Amersham, was extended to High Wycombe reinstating a through link for the first time in 30 years. The network of routes linking Chesham and Amersham, numbered 373, 374 and 375, were rationalised into two routes, the 71 and 73, running hourly between the two locations. These routes have since changed to Red Rose Travel, linking Whelpley Hill and Ley Hill to Hilltop, Chesham Broadway, Chesham Bois, Amersham Station, Quill Hall Estate, Little Chalfont, Penn Street, Coleshill and Winchmore Hill, where Carousel no longer serves. 
In September 2009 two new routes were introduced, route 740 supplemented the A40 between High Wycombe and Uxbridge, increasing the overall frequency to every 30 minutes and incorporating Beaconsfield, and route 730 from Chesham to Heathrow Airport.
A further change saw the existing route to Lane End replaced by new circular routes 2A and 2C in April 2010. These are no longer Carousel services
In March 2012 Carousel Buses was purchased by the Go-Ahead Group. Carousel retains its identity, with its management passing to the group's Oxford Bus Company operation. Go-Ahead had previously operated services in the High Wycombe area under the Wycombe Bus name, but sold this operation to Arriva in December 2000.
On 3 June 2018, their 'Link' network became the 'Chiltern Hundreds'. (101/102 runs from High Wycombe to Uxbridge, 103 runs from High Wycombe to Watford, 104 runs from High Wycombe To Slough and 105 runs from Hemel Hempstead to Uxbridge).
The only route that remains branded as 'Link' is the Link40, from High Wycombe to Stokenchurch and Thame
- Companies House extract company no 4062073 Carousel Buses Limited
- Bus service competition Oxford & Chiltern Bus Page February 2006
- Aldridge, John (November 2003). "In London: A40 begins operation". Buses (584): 13.
- Millar, Alan (June 2004). "Silver Citaros blush for real". Buses (591): 7.
- Five new bus services to be launched Bucks Free Press 6 January 2004
- Commuter criticses village bus service Bucks Free Press 17 June 2004
- Community spirit restores cancelled bus route Bucks Free Press 18 March 2008
- Bus firm pulls service following pothole damage (From Bucks Free Press)
- Residents left with one bus a day Bucks Free Press 31 October 2008
- High Wycombe to Watford bus to return Bucks Free Press 24 August 2009
- New bus to Heathrow launched This Is Local London 28 September 2009
- New look bus services for High Wycombe Bucks Free Press 13 April 2010
- Go-Ahead Acquires Carousel Buses Limited Archived 25 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine Go-Ahead Group 20 February 2012
- Go Ahead buys Carousel and eyes further bolt-on deals Transport Xtra 20 February 2012
- Go-Ahead annual results 30 June 2001 Archived 23 November 2012 at the Wayback Machine Go-Ahead Group plc
- "Carousel Buses Fleet List - January 2019" (PDF). Carousel Buses. Retrieved 5 March 2019.
- Renumbering of fleet Oxford & Chilterns Bus Page 19 April 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carousel Buses (bus company).|