Carpenter Point, Maryland
|Carpenter Point, Maryland|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
Carpenter's Point is an unincorporated community in Cecil County, Maryland, United States. Carpenter Point was the site of the first permanent settlement in Cecil County, Maryland, established on July 20, 1658 when William Carpenter patented 400 acres (1.6 km2) of land called Anna Catherine Neck, abutting Bay Head Creek, now Principio Creek; Simon Carpenter was assigned this tract of land in 1662. On June 7, 1674, a court was held at the house of Francis Wright at Carpenter’s Point. A painting by the noted painter James Peale titled “The Ramsay-Polk Family at Carpenter’s Point, Cecil County, Maryland” shows the landing in the background in the 18th century.
- "Geographic Names Information System". Carpenter Point (Populated Place). U.S. Geological Survey. 2009-01-29.
- The Cecil Historical Trust, Inc.: At The Head of The Bay, A Cultural and Architectural History of Cecil County, Maryland, Maryland Historical Trust Press, Crownsville, Md., 1996.
- George Johnston: History of Cecil County, Maryland, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore, Md., 1989, pp. 27-28.
- Maryland Historical Society: “Baltimore and its Defences, Past and Present” in ‘’Maryland Historical Magazine’’, Vol. 1, No. 1, March 1906, p. 45.
- File:James Peal's painting 'The Ramsay-Polk Family at Carpenter’s Point, Cecil County, Maryland'.jpg
|This article about a location in Cecil County, Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|