Carpenter Township, Jasper County, Indiana
Location in Jasper County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||52.38 sq mi (135.7 km2)|
|• Land||52.29 sq mi (135.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.17%|
|Elevation||738 ft (225 m)|
|• Density||37.4/sq mi (14.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453157|
They have E85.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 52.38 square miles (135.7 km2), of which 52.29 square miles (135.4 km2) (or 99.83%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.17%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jordan Township (north)
- Princeton Township, White County (east)
- Gilboa Township, Benton County (south)
- Union Township, Benton County (southwest)
- Grant Township, Newton County (west)
- Iroquois Township, Newton County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Remington and Sacred Heart.
Airports and landing strips
- James Airport
Carpenter Township residents may request a free library card from the Remington-Carpenter Township Public Library in Remington.
- "Carpenter Township, Jasper County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Lending Policy". Remington-Carpenter Twp Public Library. Retrieved 8 March 2018.