Carpignano Sesia railway station
Carpignano Sesia station railway.
Piazzale 25 Aprile, 2|
28064 Carpignano Sesia NO
Carpignano Sesia, Novara, Piedmont
|Operated by||Rete Ferroviaria Italiana|
|Distance||18.997 km (11.804 mi) from Novara|
|Opened||18 May 1939|
Carpignano Sesia railway station (Italian: Stazione di Carpignano Sesia) is a railway station serving the comune of Carpignano Sesia, in the Piedmont region, northwestern Italy. The station is located on the Biella–Novara railway. The train services are operated by Trenitalia.
The line was opened on 18 May 1939, becoming however the station only become operational on 20 July 1940 because of the need to complete several systems and a lack of rolling stock. It was originally equipped with two tracks.
From 21 January 1961, in advance to the end of the concession to the "Società Ferrovia Biella-Novara (SFBN)" company, the management of the railway line passed to the state and the operation of the station was assumed by Ferrovie dello Stato.
From 1992 the station was declassified to a railway stop, and remains in operation, but with only one track and one platform.
The station is served by the following service(s):
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Biella San Paolo - Rovasenda - Novara
|Preceding station||Trenitalia||Following station|
toward Biella San Paolo
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Piedmont
- Rail transport in Italy
- Railway stations in Italy
- Luigi Ballatore, Storia delle ferrovie in Piemonte, Il Punto, Torino, 2002, pp 165-166. ISBN 978-88-88552-00-2.
- FENIT 1946 1996, Roma, Ed. FENIT, 1996.
- Nico Molino, 7 automotrici da Biella a Novara, in Italian: I Treni Oggi, n. 48, marzo 1985, pp. 18-24.
- Ordine di Servizio n. 1 del 1961
- "Stazioni del Piemonte" (in Italian). www.rfi.it. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
Media related to Carpignano Sesia railway station at Wikimedia Commons