Carrabba's Italian Grill
A Carrabba's Italian Grill in Durham, North Carolina.
|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Founded||December 26, 1986
Houston, Texas, U.S.
|Founder||John Charles Carrabba, III
|Headquarters||2202 North West Shore Boulevard, Suite 500
Tampa, Florida, U.S. 33607
Number of locations
(President of Carrabba’s)
(pasta • pizza • chicken • seafood)
The chain was founded on December 26, 1986, by John Charles "Johnny" Carrabba, III and his uncle Damian Mandola. Together, they opened the first restaurant on Kirby Drive in Houston, Texas. A second location was opened soon after at the intersection of Woodway and Voss street. After a considerable enlargement of the restaurant, it was renamed "Rosie Carrabba's" in honor of Damian's sister Rose. Johnny Carrabba and his family are still the proprietors of both original locations.
In January 1993, under a joint venture with Outback Steakhouse, Inc. (the predecessor to Bloomin' Brands), 10 new Carrabba's locations were opened in Houston and Florida. Two years later, OSI acquired the rights to develop the Carrabba's chain nationwide.
As of 2013, more Carrabba's restaurants are in the state of Florida—home to parent company Bloomin' Brands' corporate headquarters—than any other in the United States.
In 2015, the first Carabba's international location opened in Brazil rebranded as "Abbraccio"
Many of the recipes for the dishes on Carrabba's menu are those of Damian's mother Grace and his sister Rose. These recipes were featured on the PBS cooking show Cucina Sicilia, which is hosted by Carrabba and Mandola.
Chicken Bryan, one of Carrabba's Italian Grill's dishes, features an 8 oz grilled chicken breast, topped with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, and a basil lemon-butter sauce. The dish is named after the city of Bryan (Texas), where the Carrabba family settled.
- Bloomin' Brands, Inc. (December 27, 2015). "FY 2015 10-K" (PDF). U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved June 12, 2016.
- "Carrabba's Story". OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC. Archived from the original on April 19, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "Carrabba's Locator, Kirby". OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "Carrabba's Locator, Woodway". OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- Steve Huettel (October 22, 2008). "Changes on their way to Tampa International Airport". St. Petersburg Times. Archived from the original on February 26, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- Carrabba's Locations
- "Bloomin' Brands Announces 2015 First Quarter Adjusted Diluted EPS of $0.54 and Diluted EPS of $0.47". May 5, 2015. Retrieved June 2, 2017.
- "About, Meet the Family". OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC. Archived from the original on April 15, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "Cucina Sicilia". PBS. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "Founders". OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC. Archived from the original on April 13, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "Chicken Bryan". OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC. Archived from the original on April 20, 2012. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carrabba's Italian Grill.|