Carrbridge railway station
|Scottish Gaelic: Drochaid Chàrr|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|8 July 1892||Opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Carrbridge from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Carrbridge railway station serves the village of Carrbridge, Highland, Scotland. The railway station is managed by Abellio ScotRail and is on the Highland Main Line, 27 1⁄4 miles (43.9 km) southeast of Inverness.
The station was opened on 8 July 1892 when the line to Aviemore opened. Services to Inverness commenced on 1 November 1898. The station building is thought to be by the architect William Roberts, dating from 1898.
There have been two accidents at Carrbridge, one in 1914 and another in 2010.
There are five northbound departures to Inverness and six southbound trains to Perth, the latter continuing to either Glasgow Queen Street or Edinburgh. Four trains call each way on Sundays, including the southbound "Highland Chieftain" to London Kings Cross.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Aviemore||Virgin Trains East Coast
East Coast Main Line
Highland Main Line
Line and station open
|Inverness and Aviemore Direct Railway
Line open; station closed
- The Buildings of Scotland, Highland and Islands. John Gifford. Yale University Press. 1992. ISBN 0-300-09625-9
- GB eNRT May 2016 Edition, Table 229
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Page about Carrbridge Station
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carrbridge railway station.|
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|