Felix at Washington Wizards training camp in 2017
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
August 17, 1990 |
Las Vegas, Nevada
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||203 lb (92 kg)|
|High school||Millennium (Goodyear, Arizona)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 33rd overall|
|Selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers|
|2014||Santa Cruz Warriors|
|2016–2017||Long Island Nets|
|Career highlights and awards|
Carrick Felix (born August 17, 1990) is an American professional basketball player. He played college basketball for Arizona State University. He was selected 33rd overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2013 NBA draft.
High school career
Born in Las Vegas, Nevada, Felix played high school basketball at Millennium High School in Goodyear, Arizona. During his senior season at Millennium, Felix led his team to a state championship and was named MVP of the state championship. His senior season he averaged 19.7 points per game, 13.2 rebounds per game, and 1.5 steals per game.
Felix signed to play at the College of Southern Idaho, a community college in Twins Falls, Idaho. He was medically redshirted his first year, but in his second year he averaged 14.8 points per game and 4.7 rebounds per game. After community college, Felix committed to Arizona State University for his final three years of eligibility. During his first year at Arizona State, Felix made appearances in 30 of the Sun Devils 31 games, averaging 14.5 minutes per game. While playing limited minutes in his first season Felix averaged 4.6 points and 1.6 rebounds per game. In his second season at Arizona State he saw an increase in minutes up from 14.5 the previous season to 32.9 this season. With the increase in minutes also came an increase in production he improved his scoring to 10.5 points per game and his rebounds to 4.0 per game. These totals were third and fourth on the team respectively. In his third and final year at Arizona State Felix led the team, as a shooting guard, in rebounds per game with 8.1 and was second on the team in scoring with 14.6 points. He also led the entire Pac-12 with 13 double doubles. He was named to the All-Pac-12 second and All-Pac-12 Defensive Team. Also after the season he was named the Pac-12 Scholar Athlete of the Year and earned first team All-Pac-12 Academic Team honoree.
Felix was selected with the 33rd overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. On August 20, 2013, he signed with the Cavaliers. During his rookie season, he had multiple assignments to the Canton Charge of the NBA D-League.
On July 22, 2014, Felix was traded, along with a 2015 second round draft pick and cash considerations, to the Utah Jazz in exchange for John Lucas III, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy. On October 27, 2014, he was waived by the Jazz. On November 1, 2014, he was selected by the Santa Cruz Warriors with the fourth overall pick in the 2014 NBA Development League Draft. On December 4, 2014, he was waived by the Warriors after sustaining a left knee injury.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Cavaliers Select Bennett and Karasev in the First Round of the 2013 NBA Draft". NBA.com. June 27, 2013. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Carrick Felix Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio". ESPN.com. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- "Carrick Felix - 2009-10 Men's Basketball". CSI.edu. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Carrick Felix Bio". TheSunDevils.com. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Arizona State Sun Devils Stats - 2011-12". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- Cavaliers Sign 2013 Draft Picks to Contracts
- 2013-14 NBA Assignments Archived July 3, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- Jazz Acquires Carrick Felix and Draft Pick
- "Jazz Waive Felix". NBA.com. October 27, 2014. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- Santa Cruz Warriors Select 7 Players in the 2014 NBA D-League Draft
- Santa Cruz Warriors Sign Dominique Sutton
- "Long Island Nets Announce Training Camp Roster". NBA.com. November 1, 2016. Archived from the original on November 4, 2016. Retrieved November 20, 2016.