Carrie Fountain is an American poet.
She is from Las Cruces, New Mexico. She was a fellow at the Michener Center for Writers, and received Swink Magazine's Award for Emerging Writers and the Marlboro Poetry Prize. She wrote for the Texas Observer, and was poetry columnist for the Austin American-Statesman.
She is married to the playwright Kirk Lynn.
- 2009 National Poetry Series, for Burn Lake
- "Purple Heart", Marlboro Review
- "Burn Lake 2", Swink, 2007
- "Father and Son at the Mesilla Valley Drive-thru Bank", AGNI
- "Theory of Perfection", AGNI
- "El Camino Real 3 ", Poetry for Children
- Burn Lake. Penguin Group USA, 2010, ISBN 978-0-14-311771-1
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-06-28. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "Carrie Fountain’s, Burn Lake", September 19, 2009