Carrie Murray Nature Center
|Carrie Murray Nature Center|
|Location||1901 Ridgetop Road
|Operated by||Baltimore City Government
Corinne Parks (Director)
|Other information||Exhibits: Insect zoo|
During the weekend of November 13–14, 2010, some animals, including mostly exotic reptiles and a Madagascar hissing cockroach, were stolen from the nature center in a burglary. Security was beefed up following the attack. The animals were all recovered alive on November 16 from a house near the center.
- "Birds of a bent feather, together" The Baltimore Sun (July 16, 2007).
- Lori Sears (October 28, 1999). "Insect Zoo" The Baltimore Sun.
- The Baltimore Sun, Jan 14, 2006
- Peter Hermann (November 15, 2010). "Break-in reported at Baltimore's Carrie Murray Nature Center". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 2010-12-08.
- Peter Hermann (November 16, 2010). "Police recover animals stolen from city nature center". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 2010-12-08.