|Occupation||Actress, model, cofounder of TwigTale|
|Title||Cofounder of TwigTale|
Carrie Southworth is an American actress and model who portrayed Dr. Claire Simpson on the SOAPnet prime time serial General Hospital: Night Shift in 2008. She is also the co-founder of a personalized children's book company launched in 2011.
Carrie Southworth grew up in Northern Virginia, and graduated in 1995 from The Madeira School in Mclean, Virginia. She went on to major in Chemistry and sciences at the University of Virginia, and later switched her major to Economics. She started modeling for Elite Model Management at age 17. In a 2008 interview, Southworth noted, "After I graduated with my economics degree, I had a choice between modeling and working on the bond trading floor at Chase Manhattan Bank ... The bank was boring, so I went back to modeling. That led to acting, and here I am!"
In 2008 Southworth landed the contract role of new medical intern Dr. Claire Simpson in the second season of General Hospital: Night Shift, a prime time spin-off of the ABC Daytime soap opera General Hospital. The 13-episode limited series aired from July 22, 2008 to October 14, 2008. Southworth's character also headlined an online series of webisodes called Night Shift: Claire & Kyle, with her Night Shift co-star Adam Grimes in his role of Dr. Kyle Julian. The actress had also appeared on General Hospital itself for three episodes in 2006 in the role of Dr. Gwen Miller, a minor love interest for one of the later contract roles on Night Shift, Jason Thompson's Dr. Patrick Drake.
Southworth has also guest-starred on several television series, including the 2003 Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Dirty Girls," Las Vegas (2004/2005), CSI: Miami (2006), Pepper Dennis (2006), Justice (2006) and Rules of Engagement (2007). She appeared in the films The Look (2003), Phat Girlz (2006) and These Days (2006).
In 2005 Southworth married Collister "Coddy" Johnson III, son of Collister "Terry" Johnson, Jr., a lawyer and former US federal agency administrator. Coddy's godfather is the former U.S. President George W. Bush, who had been the roommate of the elder Johnson at Yale University.
Southworth's father is Van Roy Southworth (Ph.D, Stanford University), who retired from the World Bank after assignments in Tanzania, Croatia and the Republic of Georgia. Her mother Cathy McLain, an education psychologist, has established an NGO, "McLain Associations for Children", in the Republic of Georgia and "Stepping Stones International Organization" (www.ssnpo.org) in the US to help children with disabilities and their families.
- Soul Survivors (2001) as Murdered Girl
- The Look (2003) as India Edwards
- Phat Girlz (2006) as Ms. Jungle Fever
- These Days (2006) as Christine
- That Which is Within (2009) as Athena
- Chateau Belvedere (2010) as Anna Masolowski
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2003) as Betty
- Las Vegas (2004) as Wendy Elliot
- CSI: Miami (2006) as Mia
- Pepper Dennis (2006) as Amy
- General Hospital (2006) as Dr. Gwen Miller, 3 episodes
- Justice (2006) as Maggie Smart
- Rules of Engagement (2007) as Tiffany
- General Hospital: Night Shift (2008) as Dr. Claire Simpson, 14 episodes
- Castle (2009) as Courtney Morantz
- Coleridge, Daniel R. (July 16, 2008). "Night Shift's Model MD". Soapnet. Archived from the original on August 4, 2008. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- "GH Spinoff Planned For SOAPnet." - SoapCentral.com February 12, 2007.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (May 27, 2008). "SoapNet renews Night Shift". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- Night Shift: Claire & Kyle - SOAPnet.com Archived 2008-09-10 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved September 10, 2008.
- "Parents Give Birth to Businesses - Los Angeles Business Journal". labusinessjournal.com.
- "Why Ivanka Trump invested in this start-up". CNBC.
- "Episode 570: Carrie Southworth, Co-Founder of Twigtale, created a platform for personalized children's books, bringing kids joy & helping them through transitions". thisweekinstartups.com.
- "NY Post outs Lucy Southworth, Larry Page's girlfriend." ValleyWag.com Archived 2008-09-12 at the Wayback Machine February 27, 2006. Retrieved September 10, 2008.
- "Johnson, Collister "Terry". Official Biography". allgov.com. Retrieved November 5, 2020.
- McCarthy, Megan. "President Bush, Clintons to meet at Googler wedding?" ValleyWag.com Archived 2008-09-19 at the Wayback Machine December 7, 2007. Retrieved September 10, 2008.
- "Meet 'Hospital's' night shift". azcentral.com. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Southworth, V.R. (1981). Food Crop Marketing in Atebubu District, Ghana. Stanford University. Retrieved August 4, 2015.