Carried Away (band)
|Genres||Contemporary Christian music|
|Members||Pam Walker, Christine Prankard|
|Past members||Colleen Walker, Tyler Seidenberg|
Pam Walker and Colleen Walker are sisters who along with their cousin Christine Prankard formed the group Carried Away in 2000. It was at that point that they heard . The women were inspired by the song "Carried Away" by Sonicflood, in which Jeff Deyo sang the chorus. They met producer Otto Price in Nashville who had co-written the song.
Otto Price agreed to produce Carried Away's first full release in 2005, titled Closer to You, which included their eponymous song, with Deyo. The album had two number-one hit singles in Canada in 2005-2006 and also won two GMA Canada Covenant Awards for 'Pop Contemporary Album of the Year' and 'Song of the Year' in 2005. Price's association with the group did not go further.
The group snagged four nominations for GMA Canada’s 29th Annual Covenant Awards held on 26 October 2007 in Calgary, Alberta. They won Pop/Contemporary Song of the Year ("I Want You") and were nominated for Song of the Year ("Mystery"), Seasonal Song of the Year ("Soaring Through the Sky") and Group of the Year.
On June 20, 2008, Colleen Walker left Carried Away and was replaced by Tyler Seidenberg. The group went on to release the studio album No Compromise, and a Christmas EP I Saw Lights. Tyler Seidenberg left the band sometime in 2009.
- I Know (2005)
- Soaring Through the Sky (2006)
- Mystery (2007)
- Snow Falls (2007)
- Songs on compilations
- 27th Annual Covenant Hits, "I Know" (CMC, 2006)
- Sea to Sea: The Voice of Creation, "Mystery" (CMC, 2007)
- GMA Canada presents 30th Anniversary Collection, "I Know" (CMC, 2008)
- Sea to Sea: Christmas, "More Like Christmas" (Lakeside, 2009)
- Music videos
- Lift (2005)
- I Know (2006)
Awards and recognition
- 2005 Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year: Closer To You
- 2005 Song of the Year: "I Know"
- 2007 Pop/Contemporary Song of the Year: "I Want You"
- 2008 two nominations: Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year: I Want You, and Seasonal Song of the Year: "Snow Falls"
- 2009 three nominations: Album of the Year: No Compromise, Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year: No Compromise, and Seasonal Song of the Year: "More Like Christmas"
- "Carried Away wins 2 Covenant Awards in 2005". Archived from the original on 2009-12-20.
- "Carried Away Receives Four Covenant Award Nominations". Archived from the original on 2007-12-15.
- "Carried Away Wins Pop/Contemporary Song of the Year Award for "I Want You"". Archived from the original on 2007-11-19.