|Elevation||39 ft (12 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|ZIP code||33618, 33624|
Carrollwood is an unincorporated community in Hillsborough County, Florida, United States. It is part of the larger census-designated place (CDP) of Carrollwood, which also includes the neighborhood of Carrollwood Village. A census-designated place corresponding just to Carrollwood existed during the 1990 census, with a population of 7,195. The ZIP code for Carrollwood is 33618.
Carrollwood was founded in 1959 and was built out in the 1960s. The community spread westward during the 1970s and 1980s. Carrollwood was struck by a tornado outbreak, which occurred throughout Central Florida on April 4, 1966.
Some of the major roads serving the community are Dale Mabry Highway, Busch Boulevard, Bearss and Fletcher Avenue.
- Lake Magdalene Elementary School
- Essrig Elementary School
- Hill Middle School
- Adams Middle School
- Chamberlain High School
- Carrollwood Elementary School
- Canela Elementary School
- Carrollwood Village
- Carrollwood (CDP), a census defined area which consists of the communities of Carrollwood & Carrollwood Village
- Urbanized Area Outline Map (CENSUS 2000) Tampa-St. Petersburg, FL
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Carrollwood, Florida. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- Carrollwood: Dictionary Die.net
- 1990 U.S. Census Place Profiles: Florida
- Carrollwood's History
- Tornado tears through Carrollwood
- Florida Tornadoes
- Carrollwood, Hillsborough County, Florida, USA - Maps, Photos ... Archived September 16, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Carrollwood profile from Hometown Locator
|This Hillsborough County, Florida location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|