|Elevation||39 ft (12 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP code||33618, 33624|
Carrollwood is an unincorporated community in Hillsborough County, Florida, United States. Although a separate community, it is a part of the larger census-designated place (CDP) of the same name. The ZIP code for the community is 33618. The community was a census-designated place during the 1990 census, when the community recorded a population of 7,195.
Carrollwood was founded in 1959 and was built out in the 1960s. The community spread westward during the 1970s and 1980s. Carrollwood was struck by a tornado outbreak, which occurred throughout Central Florida on April 4, 1966.
Some of the major roads serving the community are Dale Mabry Highway, Busch Boulevard, and Fletcher Avenue.
- Lake Magdalene Elementary School
- Essrig Elementary School
- Hill Middle School
- Adams Middle School
- Chamberlain High School
- Carrollwood Elementary School
- Canela Elementary School
- Carrollwood Village
- Carrollwood (CDP), a census defined area which consists of the communities of Carrollwood & Carrollwood Village
- Urbanized Area Outline Map (CENSUS 2000) Tampa-St. Petersburg, FL
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Carrollwood, Florida. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- Carrollwood: Dictionary Die.net[permanent dead link]
- 1990 U.S. Census Place Profiles: Florida
- Carrollwood's History[permanent dead link]
- Tornado tears through Carrollwood
- Florida Tornadoes[permanent dead link]
- Carrollwood, Hillsborough County, Florida, USA - Maps, Photos ... Archived September 16, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Carrollwood profile from Hometown Locator
|This Hillsborough County, Florida location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|