||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Carrot Top on January 10, 2009
|Birth name||Scott Thompson|
February 25, 1965 |
Rockledge, Florida, U.S.
|Medium||Stand-up comedy, television, film|
|Genres||Prop comedy, satire|
|Subject(s)||Self-deprecation, American culture|
Thompson was born on February 25, 1965 in Rockledge, Florida, and grew up in nearby Cocoa. He graduated from Cocoa High School in 1983 and enrolled at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton later that year. While still a freshman at Florida Atlantic, Thompson appeared in his first standup comedy routine.
Carrot Top has appeared in Larry the Cable Guy's Christmas Spectacular, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Criss Angel Mindfreak, Scrubs (2001), George Lopez, and Tugger: The Jeep 4x4 Who Wanted to Fly (2005). His film roles include Chairman of the Board, and he also served as a spokesman in commercials for 1-800-CALL-ATT. In 2002, he recorded a commentary track for The Rules of Attraction. In 2006, Carrot Top appeared in the Reno 911! episode "Weigel's Pregnant" as an enraged version of himself who trashed his hotel room, resisted arrest, and stole a police car. In 2008, he was a guest judge for Last Comic Standing in a contest wherein the participants had to perform prop comedy at a Bed, Bath and Beyond, using store items with only an hour to prepare.
From 1995 to 1999, Carrot Top was the continuity announcer for Cartoon Network, for which he also produced and starred in an early morning show called Carrot Top's AM Mayhem for two years (1994–1996).
As of 2005, he headlines at the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas and performs various comedy engagements when his show is not playing. His comedy routine incorporates dozens of props stored in large trunks on stage; his prop jokes commonly consist simply of his pulling out a prop, describing it in a one-liner, and tossing it away.
On January 16, 2010, Carrot Top appeared on Don't Forget The Lyrics!, wherein he assisted illusionists Penn & Teller in their quest for the million-dollar grand prize. He was one of the roasters at the Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav and Gene Simmons Roast. Carrot Top appeared on a second season episode of the TV series Mind Freak and has been a regular guest on the show every season since. Carrot Top also appeared in an episode of the reality series The Bad Girls Club. He appeared as himself in "Man Up," an episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, which was originally broadcast January 6, 2011, in Family Guy in 2006, in the episode "Petergeist", and Scrubs. He also briefly appeared in 'Holly's World. He appeared alongside country artist Toby Keith in the music video for Keith's song Red Solo Cup and also appeared alongside Keith as he performed the song in the audience as a member of Keith's entourage at the 2011 ACM Awards.
He has appeared on numerous nighttime television talk shows. In 1996, he appeared on the animated/live action Cartoon Network talk show Space Ghost Coast to Coast. On February 8, 2010, he appeared on an episode of The Jay Leno Show, wherein he had pies thrown at him by Leno and guest Emma Roberts.
On October 22, 2011, Carrot Top appeared as a first-time guest panelist on Red Eye w/Greg Gutfeld.
On April 13, 2016, Carrot Top appeared as a panelist on @midnight.
Internet series roles
Carrot Top appeared as himself on the Bradley Cooper episode of Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis. He also appeared as himself on the show Tom Green's House Tonight to discuss his props and career.
Carrot Top has also been frequently parodied; examples include Mr. Show (in which David Cross appears as "Blueberry Head"), King of the Hill ("Celery Head," whom Hank referred to as "Broccoli Neck"), Family Guy ("Carrot Scalp"; he also made a guest appearance on the show as himself in "Petergeist"), South Park ("Carrot Ass", "Ginger Kids"), MADtv, Phineas and Ferb ("Broccoli Top"), The Wayans Bros. ("Cabbage Head"), and The Suite Life on Deck ("Parsnip Top").
- Sharknado: The 4th Awakens (2016)
- Swearnet: The Movie (2014) as Carrot Top
- The Neighbors (2014)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2011) as himself
- Tosh.0 (2010)
- Cash Cab (2010)
- The Game as himself (2009)
- The Bad Girls Club – Episode 8 (2009)
- The Girls Next Door (2008)
- Gene Simmons Family Jewels as himself (2007)
- Smiley Face – Brief walk on part (2007)
- Family Guy (2006)
- Tugger: The Jeep 4x4 Who Wanted to Fly (2005)
- George Lopez as himself (2005)
- The Aristocrats as himself (2005)
- Pauly Shore is Dead as himself (2003)
- Carrot Top Rocks Las Vegas (2003)
- Weakest Link (2002) as himself
- Scrubs as bed pan #2 (2001)
- The Three Stooges N.Y.U.K. as Dr. Eugene Splicer (2000)
- Dennis the Menace Strikes Again (1998)
- Chairman of the Board (1998)
- The Larry Sanders Show (1997) as himself
- Pure Danger (1996)
- Hourglass (1996)
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast (1996)
- So I Married An Axe Murderer as Café Performer (Uncredited) (1993)
- Chairman of the Board (1998)
- "AlumniVillage". Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Carrot Top Biography". carrottop. 2008. Archived from the original on 2006-11-28. Retrieved 2008-07-19.
- "Carrot Top". Comedy Central. Retrieved 2008-07-19.
- "Carrot Top Biography". filmreference. 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-06.
- "See Carrot Top at Luxor Hotel". Luxor Las Vegas. 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-19.
- "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon - NBC.com". NBC.com. Archived from the original on 24 September 2009. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- Carrot Top Rubdown on Tosh.0
- Daniel Tosh - "Good For You" featuring Special Guest
- "Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis: Bradley Cooper". Funny Or Die. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- ""Tom Green Live" Guest: Carrot Top (TV Episode 2014)". IMDb. Retrieved 30 September 2015.