Carrot cake cookie
Typical ingredients include grated carrot, flour, sugar or brown sugar, cooking oil, spices and baking soda. Additional ingredients may include shredded coconut, raisins, molasses and nuts. Many variations exist, such as carrot cake whoopie pies, cookie sandwiches, and those prepared in the style of an energy bar. Cream cheese is sometimes used as a topping or a filling in cookie sandwich varieties. Vegan versions may use vegan cream cheese as a substitute for dairy-based cream cheese.
- Ultimate Shortcut Cookie Book - Camilla V. Saulsbury. pp. 15-16.
- The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur - Kelly Peloza . pp. 296-298.
- Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches - Kris Holechek Peters. pp. 21-22.
- Fitness Food Cookbook and Inspirational Nutrition Guide - Tanya Lee, Tanya Lee Sheehan. p. 99.
- Every Dish Delivers: 365 Days of Fast, Fresh, Affordable Meals - Sandra Lee
- Indianapolis Monthly. p. 108.
- Food Lovers' Guide to Brooklyn, 2nd - Sherri Eisenberg. pp. 313-314.
|This dessert-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|