Carrum railway station
Southbound view in March 2010
|Location||Nepean Highway, Carrum|
|Distance||36.10 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||1 August 1882|
|Closed||6 July 2019|
A signal box is located on Platform 1, which controls a crossover to allow trains to terminate here. The interlocked frame at this signal box was abolished in 1976, replaced by a control panel, with boom barriers replacing interlocked gates at the level crossing, at up end of the station, in 1977. Approximately 100 metres south of the station is a stabling yard that can hold a number of trains. It was upgraded to a Premium station on 20 December 1995.
Additional shelters were added to the station in October 2015, along with an upgrade of the toilets on Platform 1.
Carrum station is being upgraded as part of the Level Crossing Removal Project.. Station Street level crossing was removed on 17 May 2019 and was followed by station closure in the early hours of 6 July 2019. The station buildings were demolished shortly afterwards. Trains will not stop at Carrum until a new elevated rail line and station is completed in early 2020.
Platforms & services
Ventura Bus Lines operate four routes via Carrum station:
- 708: to Hampton station
- 780: to Frankston station
- 857: Chelsea station – Dandenong station
- 833 to Frankston station
- 970: to Rosebud (Saturday and Sunday mornings only)
- Carrum Vicsig
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. January 1977. p. 14.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. July 1977. p. 157.
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Heritage Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. January 2016. p. 25.
- "Station Street, Carrum". Level Crossing Removal Authority. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Carrum crossing closing down". The News Bayside. 8 May 2019. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Frankston Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "708 Carrum - Hampton via Southland". Public Transport Victoria.
- "780 Frankston - Carrum via Seaford". Public Transport Victoria.
- "857 Chelsea - Dandenong via Patterson Lakes". Public Transport Victoria.
- "833 Frankston Station - Carrum Station via Carrum Downs". Public Transport Victoria.
- "970 Night bus: Carrum - Frankston - Mornington - Rosebud". Public Transport Victoria.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carrum railway station, Melbourne.|
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au