Carryall Township, Paulding County, Ohio
|Carryall Township, Paulding County, Ohio|
An abandoned portion of the Wabash and Erie Canal in the township's southeast
Location of Carryall Township in Paulding County
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Land||35.6 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (1.6 km2)|
|Elevation||709 ft (216 m)|
|• Density||85.5/sq mi (33.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086770|
Carryall Township is one of the twelve townships of Paulding County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 3,046 people in the township, 1,306 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern corner of the county along the Indiana line, it borders the following townships:
- Hicksville Township, Defiance County - north
- Mark Township, Defiance County - northeast corner
- Crane Township - east
- Paulding Township - southeast corner
- Harrison Township - south
- Maumee Township, Allen County, Indiana - southwest
- Scipio Township, Allen County, Indiana - west
The village of Antwerp is located in southern Carryall Township.
Name and history
It is the only Carryall Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Paulding County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.