Cars (video game)
PAL region cover art
|Developer(s)||Locomotive Games (PSP)
Rainbow Studios (GameCube, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii)
Helixe (Game Boy Advance, DS)
Beenox (PC, Mac)
|Distributor(s)||Buena Vista Games|
Cars is an open world racing video game based on the 2006 film of the same name. It is available on Game Boy Advance, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo DS, Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Wii. A different version for the Leapster also was developed by Torus Games and Pixar.
The game is set in the fictional town of Radiator Springs, where it takes place after the movie, the player must compete in 50 races to help Lightning McQueen win the Piston Cup. The game takes place in an open world environment in the vein of Need for Speed and Midnight Club and features ten playable characters from the film, all voiced by the original voice talent. The game also features a number of minigames and items for the player to collect.
Cars received mainly positive reviews. GameSpot gave 7.0 out of 10 for Xbox 360 and Wii versions, for PlayStation 2, 7.6 out of 10 for the GameCube and Xbox versions, and 7.4 out of 10 for the PSP version. Metacritic gave 65 out of 100 for the Wii version, 54 out of 100 for the DS version, 73 out of 100 for the PC version, 71 out of 100 for the PlayStation 2 version, and 70 out of 100 for the PSP version.
- Cars: The Videogame. Carsvideogame.com. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Bozon, Mark (2006-05-18). "Wii: The Launch Games". IGN. Retrieved 2006-05-19.
- Cars for Xbox 360. G4tv. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Cars: The Video Game (2006, Video Game) - Voice Cast Listing at Voice Chasers. Voicechasers.com (2006-06-26). Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Orlando, Greg. (2006-07-06) Cars Review for Xbox 360. G4tv. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- "GameSpot Review". 2011-12-10. Archived from the original on 2014-03-06.
- "Cars (Wii)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (DS)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PC)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PlayStation 2)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PSP)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.