Cars (video game)
PAL region cover art
|Developer(s)||Locomotive Games (PSP)
Rainbow Studios (GameCube, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii)
Helixe (Game Boy Advance, DS)
Beenox (PC, Mac)
|Release date(s)||NA June 6, 2006
AUS June 8, 2006 (DS only)
JP July 6, 2006 (exc. Xbox, PC)
EU July 14, 2006
NA November 16, 2006
EU December 8, 2006
AUS December 14, 2006
JP March 22, 2007
Cars is a racing video game based on and considered a sequel to the 2006 film of the same name. It is available on Game Boy Advance, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo DS, Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Wii.
The Wii version includes functionality geared towards its controller, and was a launch game. It, and most of the other console versions, also feature the voice-over cast from the film.
The game is set in the fictional town of Radiator Springs, where it takes place after the movie, the player must compete in 50 races to help Lightning McQueen win the Piston Cup. The game takes place in an open world environment and features 10 playable characters from the film, all voiced by the original voice talent. The game also features a number of minigames and items for the player to collect.
- Owen Wilson as Lightning McQueen
- Bonnie Hunt as Sally Carrera
- Paul Newman as Doc Hudson
- Larry the Cable Guy as Mater
- Tony Shalhoub as Luigi
- Cheech Marin as Ramone
- Michael Wallis as Sheriff
- George Carlin as Fillmore
- Paul Dooley as Sarge
- Jenifer Lewis as Flo
- Guido Quaroni as Guido
- Richard Petty as Strip "The King" Weathers
- Michael Keaton as Chick Hicks
- Katherine Helmond as Lizzie
- John Ratzenberger as Mack
- Darrell Waltrip as Darrell Cartrip
- Richard Kind as Van
- Edie McClurg as Minny
- Lindsey Collins as Mia
- Elissa Knight as Tia
- E.J. Holowicki as DJ
- Adrian Ochoa as Wingo
- Jonas Rivera as Boost
- Lou Romano as Snot Rod
Cars received mainly positive reviews. GameSpot gave 7.0 out of 10 for Xbox 360 and Wii versions, for PlayStation 2, 7.6 out of 10 for the GameCube and Xbox versions, and 7.4 out of 10 for the PSP version. Metacritic gave 65 out of 100 for the Wii version, 54 out of 100 for the DS version, 73 out of 100 for the PC version, 71 out of 100 for the PlayStation 2 version, and 70 out of 100 for the PSP version.
- Cars: The Videogame. Carsvideogame.com. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Bozon, Mark (2006-05-18). "Wii: The Launch Games". IGN. Retrieved 2006-05-19.
- Cars for Xbox 360. G4tv. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Cars: The Video Game (2006, Video Game) - Voice Cast Listing at Voice Chasers. Voicechasers.com (2006-06-26). Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Orlando, Greg. (2006-07-06) Cars Review for Xbox 360. G4tv. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- "GameSpot Review". 2011-12-10.
- "Cars (Wii)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (DS)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PC)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PlayStation 2)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PSP)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.