Cars (video game)
PAL region cover art
|Developer(s)||Locomotive Games (PSP)
Rainbow Studios (GameCube, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii)
Helixe (Game Boy Advance, DS)
Beenox (PC, Mac)
|Distributor(s)||Buena Vista Games|
Cars is an open world racing video game based on and considered a sequel to the 2006 film of the same name. It is available on Game Boy Advance, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo DS, Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Wii.
The Wii version includes functionality geared towards its controller, and was a launch game. It, and most of the other console versions, also feature the voice-over cast from the film.
The game is set in the fictional town of Radiator Springs, where it takes place after the movie, the player must compete in 50 races to help Lightning McQueen win the Piston Cup. The game takes place in an open world environment in the vein of Need For Speed and Midnight Club and features 10 playable characters from the film, all voiced by the original voice talent. The game also features a number of minigames and items for the player to collect.
- Owen Wilson as Lightning McQueen
- Bonnie Hunt as Sally Carrera
- Paul Newman as Doc Hudson
- Larry the Cable Guy as Mater
- Tony Shalhoub as Luigi
- Cheech Marin as Ramone
- Michael Wallis as Sheriff
- George Carlin as Fillmore
- Paul Dooley as Sarge
- Jenifer Lewis as Flo
- Guido Quaroni as Guido
- Richard Petty as Strip "The King" Weathers
- Michael Keaton as Chick Hicks
- Katherine Helmond as Lizzie
- John Ratzenberger as Mack
- Darrell Waltrip as Darrell Cartrip
- Richard Kind as Van
- Edie McClurg as Minny
- Lindsey Collins as Mia
- Elissa Knight as Tia
- E.J. Holowicki as DJ, The Crippler
- Adrian Ochoa as Wingo
- Jonas Rivera as Boost
- Lou Romano as Snot Rod, Minnivan
- Corey Burton as Fletcher
- Steve Purcell as Gerald
- Dee Bradley Baker as Count Spatula
- Alex Reymundo as El Guapo
- Jerry DeCapua as Vince, 70's Sedan
- Quinton Flynn as Sonny
- Greg Baldwin as Lenny
- Rob Izenberg as Barry
- Bill Farmer as Rustbucket Cars
- James Patrick Stuart as Rustbucket Cars
- Keith Ferguson as Piston Cup Racers
- Brian George as Piston Cup Racers
- Nolan North as Sedan
- Jennifer Hale as Hatchback, Station Wagon
- Joel McCrary as Ginormous, SUV
Cars received mainly positive reviews. GameSpot gave 7.0 out of 10 for Xbox 360 and Wii versions, for PlayStation 2, 7.6 out of 10 for the GameCube and Xbox versions, and 7.4 out of 10 for the PSP version. Metacritic gave 65 out of 100 for the Wii version, 54 out of 100 for the DS version, 73 out of 100 for the PC version, 71 out of 100 for the PlayStation 2 version, and 70 out of 100 for the PSP version.
- The Edgar Winter Group - Free Ride by Dan Hartman
- Natural Born Hippies - Best Looking Guy in Town by Lindby, Hougesen, B Christensen, Thorbjoernsen
- Los Lobos - Come On, Let's Go by Richie Valens as Richie Valens and David Hidalgo
- The Stray Cats - Rock This Town by Brian Setzer
- The All-American Rejects - Night Drive by Tyson Ritter and Nick Wheeler
- AutoPilot Off - What I Want by Tim Armstrong
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - White Knuckle Ride by Mike Estes, Gary Rossington, and Johnny Van Zant
- The Explosion - Here I Am by Matt Hock, Dave Walsh, Damian Genuardi, Andrew Black, and Sam Cave
- Paul Lawler (PL) - Italia by DeWolfe (ASCAP) By Arrangement with RipTide Music
- Dave Lowmiller - Monster Stomp
- One More Chicken
- Rooster Tails
- Sheriff's Hot Pursuit
- Stone Crows
- Lightning Strikes Back
- High Speed Heist
- Cars: The Videogame. Carsvideogame.com. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Bozon, Mark (2006-05-18). "Wii: The Launch Games". IGN. Retrieved 2006-05-19.
- Cars for Xbox 360. G4tv. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Cars: The Video Game (2006, Video Game) - Voice Cast Listing at Voice Chasers. Voicechasers.com (2006-06-26). Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- Orlando, Greg. (2006-07-06) Cars Review for Xbox 360. G4tv. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- "GameSpot Review". 2011-12-10.
- "Cars (Wii)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (DS)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PC)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PlayStation 2)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Cars (PSP)". Metacritic. Retrieved February 12, 2012.