Tinker with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2014
|Born:||November 15, 1989|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||239 lb (108 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Carson Tinker (born November 15, 1989) is an American football long snapper who is currently a free agent. Tinker played college football for the Alabama Crimson Tide, where was a member of their 2009 National Championship team and played as the starting long snapper for both the 2011 and 2012 national championship teams. He was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2013.
After he was redshirted for the 2008 season, Tinker saw his first action in Alabama's game against Chattanooga during the 2009 season. For the 2010 season, Tinker was elevated as the starting long snapper for the Crimson Tide and converted 121 of 123 snapping opportunities during the season. For the 2011 season, Tinker converted all 119 snapping opportunities en route to the 2011 national championship. Tinker was selected by his teammates to accept the 2011 Disney's Wide World of Sports Spirit Award on December 8, 2011, on behalf of the entire team in recognition for their collective efforts in the rebuilding of Tuscaloosa after the tornado.
For his first four years with the Crimson Tide, Tinker played as a member of the team as a walk-on. Prior to the start of his senior season, Tinker was awarded a full athletic scholarship for the year by Nick Saban in recognition of his accomplishments on and off the field. In 2012, Tinker again served as the starting long snapper and converted 133 of 135 snapping opportunities during the season.
After going undrafted in the 2013 NFL Draft, Tinker signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars. In training camp, he competed for the starting long snapper position with veteran Jeremy Cain and rookie Luke Ingram. On August 25, Tinker won the starting job after Cain and Ingram were released.
On August 3, 2017 during training, camp, Tinker suffered a torn ACL and was placed on injured reserve.
On October 11, 2018, Tinker was placed on injured reserve with an undisclosed knee injury.
On March 8, 2019, the Jaguars released Tinker due to salary cap space issues.
Tinker was born on November 15, 1989, in Decatur, Alabama. On April 27, 2011, Tinker suffered a personal tragedy when his girlfriend Ashley Harrison was killed during the 2011 Tuscaloosa – Birmingham tornado. In recognition for his efforts in helping the Tuscaloosa community rebuild in the aftermath of the tornado, Tinker was named as a finalist for the 2011 Sportsman of the Year. On May 1, 2014, Tinker published his first book, "A Season to Remember: Faith in the Midst of the Storm" (B&H Publishing Group, Nashville TN), which details his experience in the 2011 Tuscaloosa tornado as well as the 2011-12 University of Alabama football championship season. He has also been focused on promoting his foundation, The Be A Blessing Foundation, a tax-exempt 501(c)-3 charitable foundation created to help those who have suffered any kind of loss or hardship, to stop living in their circumstance and begin living in their vision.
- "Carson Tinker profile". RollTide.com. Archived from the original on November 19, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- Deas, Tommy (November 22, 2011). "Alabama wins Disney Spirit Award for efforts following storm". The Tuscaloosa News. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- Hicks, Tommy (December 12, 2011). "Carson Tinker belongs among heroes, and not just the sports kind". Press-Register. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Alabama awards Carson Tinker scholarship". Yahoo! Sports. Associated Press. August 21, 2012. Archived from the original on November 21, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "2013 NFL Draft Prospects". CBSSports.com. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- Kausler Jr., Don (April 27, 2013). "Alabama draft recap: The Tide only did better in 1945, when there were 32 rounds". AL.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- Gribble, Andrew (August 25, 2013). "Carson Tinker lone remaining long snapper on Jacksonville Jaguars' roster after Sunday cuts". AL.com. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- "Jaguars Make Roster Moves". Jaguars.com. August 3, 2017.
- "Jaguars Sign Long Snapper Matt Overton". Jaguars.com. October 12, 2018.
- Oehser, John (March 8, 2019). "Parting ways: Jackson, Parnell, Gipson, Hyde, Tinker released". Jaguars.com.
- Goodbread, Chase (June 28, 2011). "Tornado had emotional impact on Tide athletes". The Tuscaloosa News. Retrieved May 11, 2013.
- Anderson, Lars (May 23, 2011). "Terror, tragedy and hope in Tuscaloosa". Sports Illustrated. sportsillustrated.cnn.com. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- Anderson, Lars (November 4, 2011). "My Sportsman: Carson Tinker". Sports Illustrated. sportsillustrated.cnn.com. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "A Season to Remember". B&H Publishing. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 27, 2017. Retrieved June 24, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)