Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cartan's theorem may refer to several mathematical results by Élie Cartan:
- Closed-subgroup theorem, 1930, that any closed subgroup of a Lie group is a Lie subgroup
- Theorem of the highest weight, that the irreducible representations of Lie algebras or Lie groups are classified by their highest weights
- Lie's third theorem, an equivalence between Lie algebras and simply-connected Lie groups
- Cartan's theorems A and B, c.1931 results by Henri Cartan concerning a coherent sheaf on a Stein manifold
- Cartan's lemma, several results by Élie or Henri Cartan
- Cartan–Dieudonné theorem, a result on orthogonal transformations and reflections
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cartan's theorem.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.