Carthage Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||40.3 sq mi (104 km2)|
|• Land||40.21 sq mi (104.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.20%|
|Elevation||643 ft (196 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||2,982|
|• Density||75.9/sq mi (29.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 40.3 square miles (104 km2), of which 40.21 square miles (104.1 km2) (or 99.78%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.20%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Middle Creek at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Barnes, County Farm, Franklin, Moss Ridge, Old Brick, Old Carthage and Woodring.
Airports and landing strips
- Memorial Hospital Heliport
- Jaycee Park
- Southeastern Community Unit School District 337
- Illinois's 18th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Carthage Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
||Rock Creek Township||Pilot Grove Township||Fountain Green Township|
|Prairie Township||Hancock Township|
|Bear Creek Township||Harmony Township||St. Mary Township|