Cartier Horse of the Year
The Cartier Horse of the Year is an award in European horse racing, founded in 1991, and sponsored by Cartier SA as part of the Cartier Racing Awards. The award winner is decided by points earned in group races plus the votes cast by British racing journalists and readers of the Racing Post and Daily Telegraph newspapers.
Most successful horse (2 wins):
Leading trainer (4 wins):
- Aidan O'Brien – Giant's Causeway (2000), Rock of Gibraltar (2002), Dylan Thomas (2007), Minding (2016)
- John Gosden - Kingman (2014), Golden Horn (2015), Enable (2017), Roaring Lion (2018)
Leading owner (4 wins):
- Sue Magnier – Giant's Causeway (2000), Rock of Gibraltar (2002), Dylan Thomas (2007), Minding (2016)
- Khalid Abdullah - Frankel (2011, 2012), Kingman (2014), Enable (2017)
- Marcus Armytage (13 November 2012). "Cartier Awards 2012: Frankel sweeps board and takes top honour for second year". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- Armytage, Marcus (13 November 2018). "Roaring Lion seals stunning year with top Cartier award". Daily Telegraph.