Cartographic expeditions to Greenland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of recognised pioneering expeditions to Greenland that contributed to the cartography of the territory.
Notes and references
- From Ostenfeld, C.H. (1902) Flora Arctica, Part 1. Copenhagen, Nordiske Forlag.
- Recovering remains of the ill-fated Denmark Expedition
- depot-laying for Roald Amundsen's polar drift in Maud
- commemorating the bicentennial jubilee of Hans Egede's landing in Greenland
- From Thule across Arctic Canada to Nome, Alaska