Cartoon Network (Dutch TV channel)
|Launched||12 July 1997|
|Owned by||Warner Bros. Germany|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Broadcast area||Netherlands & Flanders|
|CanalDigitaal||Channel 43 (Dutch only)|
|Ziggo||Channel 307 (Dutch and English)|
|Telenet Digital TV||Channel 600 (Flanders) |
Channel 700 (Brussels)
(Dutch and English)
|Belgacom TV||Channel 131 (Flanders) |
Channel 159 (Brussels)
|KPN||Channel 60 (Dutch only)|
|Ziggo GO||ZiggoGO.tv (Netherlands only)|
Cartoon Network is a Dutch TV channel which primarily airs animated programming in the Netherlands and Belgium. This version is available in the Dutch and English languages. Some providers offer the Dutch language only.
On 17 September 1993 Cartoon Network launched in the Netherlands as the Pan-European feed in English without subtitles, sharing the channel with TNT Classic Movies. The Dutch feed launched four years later on 12 July 1997. It broadcast 18 hours a day: from 6AM until midnight. Most shows aired in English with Dutch subtitles, but some aired in Dutch. On 1 February 2000 the website launched. A magazine launched on 13 April 2000 with 11 issues and one special. The Dutch feed closed down on 1 August 2001 and was replaced by the Pan-European feed with a Dutch audio track (Yet some shows still aired in English with subtitles). It started airing 16 hours a day (6AM until 10PM) and promotion videos were in English. The airtime shortened again on 1 April 2003. Broadcasting from 6AM until 9PM. A new logo appeared on 21 April 2006. On 25 April 2008 UPC Nederland added an English audiotrack. Ziggo did the same in 2010. On 17 November 2010, the Dutch feed relaunched and started broadcasting 24 hours a day and with a new logo. All programs and ads air in Dutch. Some TV providers, like Belgacom and CanalDigitaal, kept broadcasting the Pan-European feed until 31 January 2011. This was the last day this feed aired in Dutch. All providers receive the Dutch feed since February 2011. On 18 July 2018 Cartoon Network launched in HD on KPN, followed by Ziggo on 3 December 2018.
- "Privacybeleid" (in Dutch). Cartoon Network. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- Rick DeMott (October 24, 2000). "Two Senior Appointments At Cartoon Network Netherlands". AWN News.
- Jan-Hein Visser (April 25, 2008). "Cartoon Network weer met Engelse audio" (in Dutch). Totaal TV.
- "Timeline: Turner Broadcasting System Europe LTD". Turner Broadcasting System Europe. Archived from the original on July 22, 2012. Retrieved October 9, 2012.
- "Cartoon Network Nederland stopt 1 augustus". Radio.nl. July 30, 2001.
- Elsbeth Eilander (17 November 2010). "Nieuwe look Cartoon Network" (in Dutch). Adformatie.nl.
- Jarco Kriek (30 April 2018). "Zenderwijziging KPN: Meer zenders in HD en Ultra HD" (in Dutch). TotaalTV.nl.
- "Ziggo breidt HD aanbod uit met Cartoon Network en Horse & Country TV" (in Dutch). MediaMagazine.nl. 8 November 2018.
|This Cartoon Network-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Dutch television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|