Cartoon Network (Japan)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Current logo, as of October 1, 2011.
|Launched||September 1, 1997|
|Owned by||Turner Japan K.K
(TW AOL Holdings LLC)
|Slogan||Are You CN What We're Sayin'?|
|SKY PerfecTV!||Channel 271|
|SKY PerfecTV! e2||Channel 331|
Cartoon Network (Japanese: カートゥーン ネットワーク Hepburn: Kātūn Nettowāku?) is a Japanese cable and satellite television channel that mostly airs children's animated television series. As a Japanese version of the eponymous television channel in the United States, Cartoon Network broadcasts original series from its U.S. counterpart, as well as several Japanese animated media and other non-Japanese programs. An amount of non-Japanese programs are also available in English via secondary audio feed. It is one of few versions of Cartoon Network outside U.S. that broadcasts its programs in High Definition.
On October 1, 2011, Cartoon Network in Japan, along with other versions of Cartoon Network operated by Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific, adopted its current branding. On December 1, 2014, Cartoon Network On Demand was launched by J:COM.
The channel is owned and operated by Turner Japan K.K. (ターナージャパン株式会社?, formerly Japan Entertainment Network K.K. (株式会社ジャパン・エンターテイメント・ネットワーク?)), a subsidiary of Turner Entertainment Japan Holdings. Started as a joint venture between Itochu and Time Warner, now Turner Entertainment Japan Holdings owns 80% of the company as of 2014[update]. The company officially renamed itself as Turner Japan on 1 April 2013.
This is a list of shows currently airing on Cartoon Network Japan as of June 2016.
- Adventure Time
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- The Bugs Bunny Show
- Courage the Cowardly Dog
- Dreamworks Dragons
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
- The Garfield Show
- Generator Rex
- The Genie Family
- The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
- The Looney Tunes Show
- The Moomins
- Mr. Bean (animated TV series)
- Oggy and the Cockroaches
- One Stormy Night
- Peter Rabbit
- The Powerpuff Girls (2016 TV series)
- Regular Show
- Steven Universe
- Teen Titans
- Teen Titans Go!
- Tensai Bakabon
- Thomas and Friends
- The Tom and Jerry Show
- Uncle Grandpa
- Young Justice
- Cartoon Network Popcorn: Showcases and premieres movies, similar to Cartoon Network USA's "The Flicks". (Su-F, 11a-12:30p) Previously Cartoon Network Theatre.
- Pipora Pepora: Cartoon Network Japan's home for preschool programming (M-F 7a–9a, Sa-Su 2p–4p). Hosted by gingerbread men, the block showcases preschool cartoons from all over the world like Peppa Pig, Noukie's Pictures, and Papillon Et Mamillon. This block has been replaced by the Cartoonito block.
- Toonami: Based on the American action block Toonami (M-F, 4p–5p), the robot TOM presents Western action cartoons such as Teen Titans and The Batman.
- Gururi! World Tour: A showcase for various foreign cartoon shows (M-Sa, 11a–12a).
- Cartoon Midnight: Cartoon Midnight is a late night block (Su-F, midnight) that showcases various international and art house films.
- Cartoonito: The channel's new pre-school block, airing between 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m, features various pre-school shows from around the world.
- Boomerang: Similar to the Boomerang in the United States, this variant airs Japanese classics such as Kimba the White Lion and Princess Knight. The shows are only available in Japanese.
- (PDF) http://www.cartoonnetwork.jp/pdf/program_en_201606.pdf. Retrieved 29 May 2016. Missing or empty
- Official website (Japanese)