Cary station (North Carolina)
|Amtrak inter-city rail station|
|Location||211 North Academy Street|
Cary, North Carolina
|Owned by||Town of Cary|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections|| GoCary: 3, 4, 5, 6, 55|
GoTriangle: 300, 301
|Parking||123 spaces; free|
|Station code||CYN (Amtrak)|
|Passengers (2017)||81,685 3.9%|
Cary is a train station located in Cary, North Carolina. It is served by three Amtrak trains: the Silver Star, Carolinian, and Piedmont services. The address is 211 North Academy Street, located in the historic center of the town.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation erected a small station building in 1996, a year after Amtrak revived passenger service to Cary and approximately 20 years after the station that had served both the Southern Railway and the Seaboard Air Line was torn down. In 2010-2011 NCDOT expanded the station with a larger waiting room, restrooms, and a staffed ticket sales window. Checked baggage service is available for the Carolinian, Piedmont and Silver Star trains.
The Cary station has about 130 free parking spaces, whereas the Raleigh station has paid parking. Passengers boarding trains at Cary, however, are subject to weather.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of North Carolina" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2016, State of North Carolina" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2016. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- Cary Station (NCDOT Rail)
- Cary, NC – Amtrak
- Cary Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles -- Wake County
- Cary opens new passenger train station[permanent dead link]
- Cary, NC (CYN) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This North Carolina train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|