Casa de Rosas
Casa de Rosas
Casa de Rosas, May 2008
|Location||2600 S. Hoover Street, West Adams, Los Angeles, California|
|Architect||Sumner P. Hunt; et al.|
|Architectural style||Mission Revival, Spanish Revival|
|NRHP Reference #||04000679|
|Added to NRHP||July 14, 2004|
|Designated LAHCM||April 9, 1981|
The building was designed by Sumner P. Hunt and built in 1893. It was originally an experimental kindergarten and has also been used over the years as a prestigious college preparatory school for girls, an inn and restaurant, a military barracks in World War II, the headquarters of L. Ron Hubbard's Dianetics Foundation, and a shelter for homeless women.
- List of Registered Historic Places in Los Angeles
- List of Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments in South Los Angeles
- National Park Service (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Department of City Planning. "Designated Historic-Cultural Monuments". City of Los Angeles. Archived from the original on 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- Herwees, Tasbeeh. "Historic Sunshine Mission to Undergo Renovations." www.neontommy.com, January 25, 2011. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- "Sunshine Mission.' www.shelterpress.com. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
|This article about a California building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a property in Los Angeles County, California on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|