|Tom and Jerry series|
|Produced by||Fred Quimby|
|Music by||Scott Bradley|
|Preceded by||Cue Ball Cat|
|Followed by||Jerry and the Goldfish|
A newspaper headline announces that Toodles has inherited a million dollars. Tom heads to her home to woo her with flowers, dragging Jerry, tied to a bow, with him. Tom winds Jerry into a doll and forces him to roll on a ball, impressing Toodles. Tom then blackens Jerry's face with a cigar smoke and forces him to tap-dance on a hot metal plate. Tom then gives Jerry as a present to Toodles, but asks for a kiss in return. Just as Tom and Toodles are about to kiss, Jerry jams Tom's tail into an automatic ashtray, causing Tom to scream in Toodles' face.
Jerry spots Butch in a nearby alley and launches the newspaper headline towards Butch. Tom and Butch proceed to fight each other to win Toodles' heart, while Toodles, sitting on the couch, watches them. Butch slaps Tom (because he slapped him) into a fishbowl, but Tom ties Butch's tail to a pole. Toodles then tosses sweets into Tom's mouth, but Butch drops a bowling ball into Tom. Butch kisses Toodles' arm, but Tom places a mousetrap onto her arm to trap Butch's kissing mouth. Tom then traps Butch between two doors and kisses Toodles' cheek. Butch then grabs Toodles and goes to kiss her, but Tom also turns around to also kiss Toodles, but the two kiss each other instead and Tom turns around and attacks Butch in the face.
Jerry then kisses Toodles on the cheek, causing her to take an interest in Jerry. Tom and Butch chase Jerry, but Jerry hides in a vent, ties Butch and Tom's tails into a knot, and pull their tails to make them pull each other into the wall repeatedly. Butch then runs forward, squeezing Tom through the vent. Tom then pops out of the vent as a cube and bangs into Butch. Then they untangle themselves. Afterwards, they looked on the couch for Toodles and search for her. However, they then heard a noise outside. They run to the window to look at what is happening and see a car leaving. Toodles and Jerry are in the back seat, then after Jerry has put down the shade in the car, he and Toodles share a love-kiss, leaving Tom and Butch badly heartbroken.
- Directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- Animation: Irven Spence, Ray Patterson, Ed Barge, Kenneth Muse
- Story: William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- Layout: Dick Bickenbach
- Music: Scott Bradley
- Produced by: Fred Quimby
- Tom and Jerry's Cartoon Cavalcade (uncensored)
- Tom and Jerry: The Classic Collection (Region 2 DVD, uncensored)
- This cartoon was omitted from the Spotlight Collection, Volume 3 DVD release in 2007. It had been announced that Casanova Cat would be available on the Tom and Jerry Golden Collection - Volume 2 on DVD and Blu-ray, with the short being presented uncut, uncensored, and restored. However, on February 6, 2013, it was announced by TVShowsOnDVD.com that Casanova Cat was not part of the list of cartoons on this release, as well as the cartoon Mouse Cleaning, which was also skipped over on the Spotlight Collection, Volume 3 DVD release. However, the set was indefinitely delayed following negative reception.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-12. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Lambert, David. "Tom and Jerry - Episode List for 'Golden Collection Volume 2'...Guess What's Missing?". TVShowsOnDVD.com. Archived from the original on February 11, 2013. Retrieved February 6, 2013.