|Limited liability company|
|Headquarters||Kirkland, Washington, United States|
|Bill Gates (Chairman)
Michael Larson (CIO)
Cascade Investment, LLC is an American holding and investment company headquartered in Kirkland, Washington, United States. It is controlled by Bill Gates, and managed by Michael Larson. More than half of Gates' fortune is held in assets outside his holding of Microsoft shares. Cascade is the successor company to Dominion Income Management, the former investment vehicle for Gates' holdings, which was managed by Andrew Evans.
List of investments and companies
The company describes itself as a diversified investment company. Its investments include:
|Company||Ticker||Sector||Ownership %||Acquisition Date|
|Arcos Dorados Holdings||NYSE: ARCO||Restaurants||6.65||Unknown|
|AutoNation||NYSE: AN||Auto Retailer||Unknown||Unknown|
|Berkshire Hathaway||NYSE: BRK.A||Diversified||5||Unknown|
|Canadian National Railway||NYSE: CNI||Transport||12||Unknown|
|Coca-Cola FEMSA||NYSE: KOF||Beverage||20 ||Unknown|
|Ecolab||NYSE: ECL||Unknown||11 ||Unknown|
|ElBarbary Investment Group||Unknown||Automotive Parts||Unknown||Unknown|
|Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts||Private||Hospitality||47.5||Unknown|
|John Deere||NYSE: DE||Agricultural Equipment||8.3||Unknown|
|Liberty Global||NASDAQ: LBTYA||Unknown||4.1||Unknown|
|Microsoft Corporation||NASDAQ: MSFT||Technology||Unknown||Unknown|
|Newport News Shipbuilding||Unknown||Unknown||100||Unknown|
|Otter Tail Power Company||NASDAQ: OTTR||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
|Pan American Silver Corporation||NASDAQ: PAAS||Metals||Unknown||Unknown|
|Republic Services, Inc||NYSE: RSG||Waste Management||10||Unknown|
|Schnitzer Steel Industries||NYSE: SCHN||Scrap Metal and Steel||Unknown||Unknown|
|Sears Holdings||NASDAQ: SHLD||Embedded retailer in a Real Estate Co||Unknown||Unknown|
|Waste Management, Inc||NYSE: WM||Waste management||Unknown||Unknown|
|Company||Ticker||Sector||Ownership %||Acquisition Date||Sale Date||Fate|
|Scient||Unknown||IT||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||Publicis Takeover|
- Miller, Matthew. "Gates No Longer World's Richest Man". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- Torres, Craig. "Convicted Felons Handle Gates Fortune". nwsource.com. Retrieved 2014-09-14.
- "Bill Gates largest shareholder in Canadian National". The Globe and Mail (Toronto). 2012-08-23.
- Groom, Nichola (2008-08-01). "Bill Gates discloses 20 pct Coca-Cola Femsa stake | Reuters". Uk.reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- "Coca-Cola Stock Chart & Data". 2014-10-07.
- "Cleaning up". The Economist. 2013-10-05.
- "Four Seasons Chief Is Feeling the Squeeze". The Wall Street Journal. 2013-12-10.
- "SCHEDULE 13G". SEC. 2014-12-05.
- "Nimbus Discovery Secures $24MM Series A Financing". 2008-06-28.
- "$100-Million Investment in OANDA Corporation Recognizes Growth Potential in the Frenetic World of Forex". OANDA. 2007-09-17. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- Martin LaMonica (2008-09-17). "Bill Gates invests in algae fuel | Green Tech - CNET News". News.cnet.com. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- "Schrödinger Receives Additional Equity Investment from Bill Gates". 2012-12-12.
- "Bill Gates Takes Stake in Creating New Drugs". The Wall Street Journal. 2010-04-29.
- "Bill Gates aumenta su participación accionaria en Televisa". Alt1040.com. 2010-02-23. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- "Why Bill Gates Loves These 'Garbage' Stocks". Nasdaq.com. Nasdaq.com. Retrieved 23 January 2015.