Adalberto Mendes da Silva Airport
Aeroporto Adalberto Mendes da Silva
|Elevation AMSL||754 m / 2,473 ft|
The airport was inaugurated on November 12, 1977.
Since 29 January 2013 the airport is operating with a 1.780m x 45m runway. The enlargement from its previous 1.615m x 30m to the present size was necessary due to the constant increase in the airport's traffic.
Ongoing projects at the airport are the installation of the Precision approach path indicator as well as a new improved fire station, which will raise the safety category to CAT 5.
A new passenger terminal with 2.500m² is under construction.
Airlines and destinations
|Azul Brazilian Airlines||Campinas, Curitiba|
|Gol Linhas Aereas||São Paulo (begins 5 August 2019)|
The airport is located 8 km (5 mi) southwest from downtown Cascavel.
- "SEIL Statistics for Transported Passengers at the Airport" (PDF) (in Portuguese). SEIL. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "SEIL Statistics for Aircraft Operations at the Airport" (PDF) (in Portuguese). SEIL. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Airport Official Website" (in Portuguese). SEIL.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- "Institucional" (in Portuguese). CETTRANS. Retrieved 29 September 2010.
- "Aeroporto de Cascavel" (in Portuguese). CETTRANS. Retrieved 17 March 2013.