From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Accounting, Auditing, Computer Software, information services|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Dwight Wainman (President & CEO)|
|Products||Corporate services, finance, data analysis and transaction monitoring, tax, accounting, and regulatory software, services|
Number of employees
CaseWare International Inc. (CWI) is a company that sells software solutions for accounting, auditing, financial, risk and governance professionals. CaseWare software is used in 130 countries and available in 16 languages.
- In 1988, CWI was founded in Toronto.
- In 1989, CWI released the first version of CaseWare Working Papers for the North American market.
- In 1991, CWI added CaseWare Time to its product line.
- In 1992, CWI began to establish a global distributor network starting with the European market.
- In 2000, CWI acquired all rights to IDEA (Interactive Data Extraction and Analysis), from the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA). CWI then formed CaseWare IDEA Inc., to continue to develop and market IDEA globally.
- In 2004, CaseWare IDEA acquired key European distributor Audicon B.V., and renamed the company CaseWare IDEA B.V. with sales offices in Netherlands, Belgium and France.
- In 2005, CWI opened offices in Hong Kong and Beijing to service China and the rest of Asia.
- In 2006, CWI opened its Latin American headquarters in Costa Rica.
- In 2008, CWI opened its European headquarters in Amsterdam.
- In 2010, CWI acquired all outstanding shares of UK distributor Credence Software Ltd. renaming the company CaseWare UK.
- In 2010, CaseWare IDEA acquired SymSure Limited, a continuous monitoring and continuous auditing software company.
- Continuous monitoring
- Continuous Auditing
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB)
- WEBCPA Staff. CaseWare Acquires Credence Software. Accounting Today. 13 July 2010.
- WEBCPA Staff. CaseWare IDEA to Buy SymSure Accounting Today. 6 May 2010.