|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2008)|
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2010)|
Case IH is a brand of agricultural equipment. It was created in 1984 when Tenneco bought selected assets of the agricultural division from International Harvester and merged it into its J.I. Case Company. Today Case IH is owned by CNH Industrial, which in turn is financially controlled by the Italian firm Fiat Industrial.
Case IH offers agricultural equipment, financial services, as well as parts and service support for farmers and commercial operators through a network of dealers and distributors.
Productivity enhancing products include tractors; combines and harvesters; hay and forage equipment; tillage tools; planting and seeding systems; sprayers and applicators; and site-specific farming tools. Case IH has won many AE50 awards from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, ASABE, for their products.
The Maxxum 5140 goes 40 kilometres per hour (25 mph) and has optional four wheel drive, air conditioning and quadraphonic sound.
Case IH history began when, in 1842, Jerome Increase Case founded Racine Threshing Machine Works on the strength of his innovative thresher. In 1869 Case expanded into the steam engine business and, by 1886, Case was the world’s largest manufacturer of steam engines. The company's founder died in 1891 at the age of 72.
In 1911, The J.I. Case Company had three cars in the first Indianapolis 500.
In 1967, Tenneco purchased J.I. Case, continuing to market the products under the Case name.
In 1973, they purchased British tractor manufacturer David Brown, and used this acquisition to enter the UK tractor market, ultimately incorporating the DB developed 94 series into its own range of high HP tractors.
- Merging with International Harvester Agricultural Division to become Case IH
In 1984, Tenneco Case took control of International Harvester's agricultural division. They changed their brand name to Case International at first, and then abbreviated that to Case IH. International Harvester had been in economic turmoil since 1980, but was still one of the largest tractor manufacturers in the world. Merging the two lines brought together the best of both traditions, offering a full line of agricultural equipment, and probably saved both companies from becoming a victim of the 1980s farming recession.
In 1997, Case IH took over Fortschritt. Fortschritt was an East German brand of tractors, combine harvesters and other agricultural machines made by VEB Fortschritt (part of the IFA) in Neustadt, Saxony.
- Merging with New Holland to create CNH Global
In 2006, the Case IH logo was displayed on a pair of Ferraris as part of the Ferrari Panamerican 20,000—a journey that took new Ferraris through 16 countries and across 20,000 miles (32,000 km) during a 15-stage, 84-day tour. The International Harvester "IH" logo in Case IH represents the head-on view of a farmer driving a tractor. The “I” symbolizes the driver of a tractor and is known as the red driver “I”.
2007 was the Steiger tractor’s 50th anniversary.
At present, CNH Global continues to manufacture the tractors branded Case IH. All Case IH equipment can use (B5) biodiesel from approved suppliers and nearly half of the models sold globally are approved, following proper protocols, for 100 percent biodiesel (B100).
- Benson, Minnesota - Cotton Harvesters, Application Equipment
- Ferreyra, Argentina - Combine harvesters, Puma tractors 
- Curitiba, Brazil - Farmall, Maxxum and Magnum Tractors
- Grand Island, Nebraska - Combines, Windrowers
- Jesi, Italy - Tractors
- Fargo, North Dakota - Tractors
- Piracicaba, Brazil - Sugarcane harvesters, Sprayers, Coffee harvesters and Planters
- Racine, Wisconsin - Tractors
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Crop Production Equipment
- Sorocaba, Brazil - 2566, 7120, 8120 Combines
- St. Valentin, Austria - Tractors
- Goodfield, Illinois - Tillage Equipment
- New Holland, Pennsylvania - Round Balers, Square balers
- TürkTraktör, Türkiye - Tractors
- New holland India Pvt limited - Tractors and harvesting equipment
- Burr Ridge, Illinois
Case IH Steiger STX 480 tractor
- Case IH division of CNH
- Case Construction division of CNH
- New Holland division of CNH
- List of CaseIH tractor models