Case Medical Centre
|Case Medical Centre|
67 - 71 Buganda Road|
Central Division, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda|
Case Medical Centre, also known as Case Hospital, is an urban, private, upscale, tertiary hospital in Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. It is one of the five upscale private tertiary care hospitals in the city. The other four hospitals are: International Hospital Kampala, Kampala Hospital, Nakasero Hospital and Paragon Hospital.
The hospital is located at 67 - 71 Buganda Road, on Nakasero Hill, in Kampala Central Division, immediately north of Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of Case Medical Centre are:0°19'28.0"N, 32°34'30.0"E (Latitude:0.3244; Longitude:32.5750).
The hospital is a private upscale tertiary care hospital; one of the five most upscale private healthcare facilities in Kampala, Uganda's capital. Those hospitals were created during the last 20 years, beginning with International Hospital Kampala in 1996. They aim to bridge the gap in specialized tertiary healthcare delivery in the country and to serve that segment of Uganda's population that has been seeking the missing services from outside Uganda. Case Hospital owns and Operates Case MedCare Insurance Limited, a wholly owned Health Maintenance Organization.
In 1995, a group of specialist physicians and surgeons began to attend to patients in an outpatient clinic out of rented premises on Bombo Road in downtown Kampala. Over time, the caseload grew and the services offered increased. During the early 2000s, land was acquired at the present location, and a brand new eight-story hospital building was constructed. The outpatient department (Case Clinic), is still operational and now lies adjacent to the hospital tower.
- List of hospitals in Uganda
- International Hospital Kampala
- Kampala Hospital
- Nakasero Hospital
- Paragon Hospital
- TABJ, . (2011). "International Hospital Kampala". "The African Business Journal" © Copyright 2014 by George Media Limited. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Asiimwe, Peninah (7 April 2015). "Kanyerezi: The Brain Behind Kampala Hospital". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- ERC, . (13 November 2008). "Uganda: Physician Trades Comfort for Serving Homeland". EthiopianReview.com (ERC) Quoting Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Mwesigye, Shifa (3 December 2008). "Five Star Hospitals Changing Healthcare". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- Google, . "Location of Case Medical Centre At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- Mulondo, Emmanuel (10 July 2012). "Government To Revamp Busoga Hospitals As MP Wafula's Wife Is Laid To Rest". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- CMC (16 May 2016). "About CaseMedcare". Kampala: Case Medical Centre (CMC). Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- CMC (2013). "About Case Medical Centre". Kampala: Case Medical Centre (CMC). Retrieved 16 May 2016.